New here, new track

Hi all. I am new to this forum and quite new to BM.

I used to do a lot of music a long time ago. Back at the mp3.com days if anyone remembers. I was part of starting and running a record label for some time called Chillosophy Music. We had some 12” releases as well as a CD. Those were the days.

That was some time ago. I have kept doing music over the years but I have been quite silent about it online.

While I have a fairly well equipped studio, I saw my creativity coming back when things got simpler and in a way more restricted. I am talking about making music on the iPad.

Beatmaker is a fantastic tool. While I have some issues with stability sometimes and I am not completely into all aspects of the workflow I find myself back to the spot when I explore new stuff. Playing. Having more fun again.

Enough ranting. Here is my first track I made in BM3. A downbeat hiphopish thing in case anyone is interested:

Have a nice day
/Daniel a.k.a Fingertwister

PS. I am happy to listen and share comments about tracks you have made too. Just let me know

Tagged:

Comments

• Welcome @fingertwister

Thanks for the introduction, and welcome to the BM3 community.

We’re running a Christmas Competition this month (deadline 18th) and the winner gets to donate almost $300 to a charity of their choice.

We’d love to have you get involved if you have time (see my stickied thread for more details)

• @fingertwister said:
    Hi all. I am new to this forum and quite new to BM.

I used to do a lot of music a long time ago. Back at the mp3.com days if anyone remembers. I was part of starting and running a record label for some time called Chillosophy Music. We had some 12” releases as well as a CD. Those were the days.

That was some time ago. I have kept doing music over the years but I have been quite silent about it online.

While I have a fairly well equipped studio, I saw my creativity coming back when things got simpler and in a way more restricted. I am talking about making music on the iPad.

Beatmaker is a fantastic tool. While I have some issues with stability sometimes and I am not completely into all aspects of the workflow I find myself back to the spot when I explore new stuff. Playing. Having more fun again.

Enough ranting. Here is my first track I made in BM3. A downbeat hiphopish thing in case anyone is interested:

Have a nice day
    /Daniel a.k.a Fingertwister

PS. I am happy to listen and share comments about tracks you have made too. Just let me know

This is the best track ive heard in ages, reminds me of the "Synthesizer hits" albums i used to get as a kid, but with a mosern tint, brilliant :)

• Nice track! If it were mine, I think I’d tighten up the bass just a tiny bit, maybe just a little shorter release time. But, I’m no expert, and maybe that’s the style that you were going for, so take that with a big grain of salt.

I really, really like it. Nice work.

• edited December 2018

@tk32 Thanks, I will have a look

@5pinlink Thanks a lot for those nice words!

@number37 Good idea I tried it a little and I think the mix got a bit clearer. Thanks. (Haven’t updated the track on SC yet)