Ability to import multiple samples to multiple pads at once

This would be a significant time saver for me.

When I select multiple files in the file browser, I'd expect that dragging the selection over a bank would auto-populate multiple pads at once. However that's not the case, only a single file out of that selection is applied to a single pad.

Besides the "Load sample" button in the footer, maybe a "Load samples to pads" would appear in its place when there's a multi-selection going on in the file browser.

Now, I think there might be some UX to consider here: you probably don't want to overwrite existing pads when dragging. So how about populating empty pads in order?

Comments

• Here's a video demonstrating what I mean:

• Not something i would ever use, but has been requested a few times now for sure, so you arent alone.

• edited December 2018

Generally the use case I had so far was after chopping down a sample into multiple parts using auto-slice.

Now, I know I could assign regions to pads instead of saving them as separate samples, but that doesn't trim them. I guess I'd be happy as well with a version of slicing to pads which auto-trims.

When creating lots of banks, any improvement that speeds up the workflow is a welcome one.

• To be honest i always use sluce to pads and trim, i havent had any issues, but the samples i use have all been fairly short.

• edited December 2018

@blueveek said:
    Generally the use case I had so far was after chopping down a sample into multiple parts using auto-slice.

Now, I know I could assign regions to pads instead of saving them as separate samples, but that doesn't trim them. I guess I'd be happy as well with a version of slicing to pads which auto-trims.

When creating lots of banks, any improvement that speeds up the workflow is a welcome one.

Slice to pads with autotrim and also an option to normalize was something that I brought up a little while ago.

• @Audiogus said:

@blueveek said:

Slice to pads with autotrim and also an option to normalize was something that I brought up a little while ago.

Autotrim would be excellent indeed

• Would love to see this feature implemented!

• edited December 2018

+1 for auto trim.

Don’t care about multi sample import from the browser myself We already have slice to pads.

• Yes!!! I sample VSti every 6 keys to build beatmaker instruments. Dragging them one by one is a pain! Im glad it auto keymaps itself but if I could just drag and drop them all at once and they auto key map I would be in heaven!!!

• @snuup408 said:
    Yes!!! I sample VSti every 6 keys to build beatmaker instruments. Dragging them one by one is a pain! Im glad it auto keymaps itself but if I could just drag and drop them all at once and they auto key map I would be in heaven!!!

And if it autonamed itself I wouldn't argue lol

• Not the solution but would SynthJacker help the sampling process? https://apps.apple.com/us/app/synthjacker/id1445018791