Christmas Battle 2018: The Festive Smörgåsbord (ends 18 Dec) - Charity pot: $285

Comments

• Here’s my entry

• @hansjbs said:
    Here’s my entry

Very cool!

• edited December 2018

@dafingaz , @hansjbs and @Slava21

Love all entries so far

Hope these three awesome early submissions don't scare the competition away!!

Holy moly.

(Edited to include @dafingaz - whose entry was so early I momentarily forgot it!)

• Apologies for the deadline mixup. I've updated the first post accordingly.

Everyone has until TUESDAY 18 DECEMBER to submit entries.

• I count 3 entries with @dafingaz early entry =)

• Oh shoot, sorry @dafingaz

You were so early I forgot to mention you in my post above!!

Forgive me?

• @hansjbs said:
    Here’s my entry

Is that you singing ?

• @ronji thanks! Lol.

@tk32 lol. No problem. Should I not submit so early? lol. Sometimes I just have to get it done or time will run out. 🤣

• @5pinlink said:

@hansjbs said:
    Here’s my entry

Is that you singing ?

I wish 😂😂😂😂.

• @hansjbs said:

@5pinlink said:

@hansjbs said:
    Here’s my entry

Is that you singing ?

I wish 😂😂😂😂.

Kontact singing library or something ?

• Heres a version of that Carol of the bells i did six years ago using the East West Choir add on for Kontakt, ignore the animation and song its terrible, only gave my self six hours to write the tune and do the animation, and most of the animation was just a test of an audio to modifier script i wrote lol, but the choir is really really cool, this is why we need scripting on B3.

• @5pinlink said:

@hansjbs said:

@5pinlink said:

@hansjbs said:
    Here’s my entry

Is that you singing ?

I wish 😂😂😂😂.

Kontact singing library or something ?

Acapella group I found on YouTube. Chopped up the section I wanted. Played the instruments over it all came from BS16i and added some fx. I wish I could sing like that.

• @5pinlink said:
    Heres a version of that Carol of the bells i did six years ago using the East West Choir add on for Kontakt, ignore the animation and song its terrible, only gave my self six hours to write the tune and do the animation, and most of the animation was just a test of an audio to modifier script i wrote lol, but the choir is really really cool, this is why we need scripting on B3.

Dude that track is really nice. You should have entered it in the contest.
    What did you use for animation?

• Its 6 years old and Reaper not B3 lol, couldnt enter it, a fair few different bits of software for the animation, to be honest I dont remember all the software i used, the fractal bouncing on beat was a custom piece of software.

• Really nice. I enjoyed it.

• I gave this a shot.

• Thanks @blueveek

Hope you don’t mind - I’m not going to comment on any of the tracks now, but look forward to giving some feedback to this (and all other entries) after the voting phase begins.

I’m looking forward to all the other exciting tracks that arrive here over the next (and final) 48 hours

• @blueveek said:
    I gave this a shot.

Loving that Neuro/Bro bass :)

• @5pinlink said:

@blueveek said:
    I gave this a shot.

Loving that Neuro/Bro bass :)

Thanks!

• Good job this challenge is called a Smorgasbord...

'Cos mine is gonna sound nothing like what we've had already.

(This is both a teaser and a warning...)

• edited December 2018

@blueveek said:
    I gave this a shot.

Love it. Great job and nice sound selections

• @fever404 said:
    Made this X-MAS beat on BM2:

This is Nasty

• And here’s the next entry (posted on behalf of Insomniak, who is a regular on Discord but hasn’t registered here on the forums.... yet!)

• <3 SWEET ENTRIES, Guys! <3

• @hansjbs @blueveek @dafingaz @Slava21
    Mother of mercy, so much freaking talent. Apart from showing mad production skillz and clever sample selection, these tracks show how mammoth b3 is. You guys smacked it. And the charity donation, that’s a cool touch @5pinlink. I doubt I’ll be voting as making a single selection just seems kinda wrong :)

• Before I share my main track tomorrow, here’s one of my B-roll entries. I ended up making 3 tracks, and this is one of the ones that didn’t make the cut...

tk32 - Snow Winds

(Excuse the video - I robbed it from a geezer on YouTube)

• edited December 2018

OK everyone...

This is your 24-hour deadline warning.

All entries must be submitted by this time tomorrow.

• @groovey said:
    @hansjbs @blueveek @dafingaz @Slava21
    Mother of mercy, so much freaking talent. Apart from showing mad production skillz and clever sample selection, these tracks show how mammoth b3 is. You guys smacked it. And the charity donation, that’s a cool touch @5pinlink. I doubt I’ll be voting as making a single selection just seems kinda wrong :)

Appreciate your kind words and you listening to all entries. Thank you.

• @groovey said:
    @hansjbs @blueveek @dafingaz @Slava21

Thanks! These guys are all awesome creators! The charity is just icing on the cake. Happy Holidays!

• @5pinlink said:
    Bonus points for anybody who mashes this !!

I’m wondering if any had the courage to chop this to make something raw... we will see