Can Horizontal or Verticle Movement be Restricted in MIDI Editor?

The BM 2 editing interface made movement quick and sure, can you grab a bunch of 32nd notes and move them vertically without sliding around horizontally?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• edited January 2019

At the moment, accurate vertical movement relies on fine motor skill and dexterity, but I suspect we may see some further enhancements to the midi pattern editor down the road.

Personally, I’m quite fond of the horizontal and vertical proxy handles in Nanostudio (1 & 2) - but I also like the modifier keys in Cubasis that restrict movement to the x- or y-axis

• edited January 2019

Not yet no, it is the weakest area of B3, but @mathieugarcia is investigating all ways to overhaul and make the piano roll the best it can be, it all just takes a bit of time.
    The UI is mostly in place, we just need real zooming and direction sliders, he will get there.

• Mmm, would love quick octave up/down

• edited January 2019

Semi up n down too.
    Grid nudge left right.
    Humanize.
    Up down/left right sliders.
    Options on the paint tool for missing steps etc.
    The list goes on, but it is all small tweaks to what is already there.

• edited January 2019

There’s one thing I want above all others...

I want to be able to turn off grid snap in the pattern editor without losing the 1/8 or 1/16 guides. Currently, if I set grid mode to FREE all lines become 1/64, and it makes judging note positions really tough

For example - how am I supposed to tell where the eighth or sixteenth note markers are here in FREE mode?:

What I’d like is to turn off grid snap, but still see 1/16 dividers, like this:

If you’re reading this @mathieugarcia - is there any chance you could make grid snap a toggle ON/OFF, independently from from the current grid display?

<3

• I know I sound like a broken record (a what!?!?) but the BM2 editing interface was the schnizzle! Got the code? Slip it in there. ;)

• Slipping code in is unlikely, its like saying "This gravy is a bit thin, you made a pie too, can you just extract some of the corn flour out of the pastry on the pie and thicken the gravy"

But again dont worry (and yes i know i sound like a broken record too) @mathieugarcia will nail it.

• edited January 2019

It’s such a leader in the field, BM2 was unmatched and amazing for what it could and can do to this day. The samplers are outstanding and afaik no one makes even a Stand-alone that can touch BM. I’m importing and building my DrumPerfect kits in BM3 and it is a fantastic tool for my kind of composition. I do traditional Rock with acoustic kit emulation that relies on multi velocity layering. Also, the positional velocity (Y-axis) option in BM3 is priceless, no need for hardware!

I look forward to the maturing of BM3, it’s a leader in the field without a doubt.

• edited January 2019

The sampler is X level, it only needs to have Round and Random Robin and velocity crossfades, velocity curve to be the best ekit module out there too, this can easily be the best no bloat acoustic kit module for rock etc.
    Unlike its name it is not all about Hip Hop.

(When they sort out the arranger with real clip editing, it will be some serious serious Rock DAW)

• @5pinlink said:
    Slipping code in is unlikely, its like saying "This gravy is a bit thin, you made a pie too, can you just extract some of the corn flour out of the pastry on the pie and thicken the gravy"

I love this analogy.

• BM2 restricted movement to either vertically or horizontally, didn't it? So two moves to get both directions. Wouldn't want that either.

• Round robin!!!!!! I can move my Masada cycle kit inBM3 and also make my own. I can’t wait. I also agree with everything mentioned above.

• @blueveek said:

@5pinlink said:
    Slipping code in is unlikely, its like saying "This gravy is a bit thin, you made a pie too, can you just extract some of the corn flour out of the pastry on the pie and thicken the gravy"

I love this analogy.

Hehe, Tis a good one.