Behringer UCA202 + Camera Connection Kit + BM3

Hey gang anyone tried this combo (Behringer UCA202 + Camera Connection Kit + BM3|) for recording audio in? Do you need a powered usb hub in between or is just the Camera Connection Kit sufficient? Thoughts.

Comments

• The UCA-202 is low-power so it works without a powered hub.

One thing to be aware of is that if you're monitoring the audio coming out from the iPad it might bleed into the recording(cross-talk). My suggestion here is to monitor using the iPad's built-in headphone jack when recording with the UCA-202 to avoid it.

• what built-in headphone jack? : ( RIP

• @BitterGums said:
    what built-in headphone jack? : ( RIP

I got the Ipad 9.7 (2017) which still has the headphone jack lol.

• i have the same one!

fyi i'm running that with the Audient ID14 which works great with the CCK and a powered hub. And if you don't need phantom power on a mic or something i'm pretty sure it'll run just via usb and the CCK if you're just mixing or something.

• @BitterGums said:
    i have the same one!

fyi i'm running that with the Audient ID14 which works great with the CCK and a powered hub. And if you don't need phantom power on a mic or something i'm pretty sure it'll run just via usb and the CCK if you're just mixing or something.

Sadly I don't have the money for an Audient ID14 although it does look good!! I don't think I'll be getting a new soundcard straight away anyways. That said I wonder if the Behringer UCA-202 can power a Shure dynamic mic?

• @BitterGums said:
    i have the same one!

My Audient has to be on a powered hub all the time, unpowered or direct on CCK just says device needs too much power.
    I only have the ID4 for the iPad though.