Record mono track

How can i record a mono track?.....when i use a mic to record vocals its always in stereo

Comments

• edited January 2019

Audio tracks always record in stereo.

Here are 3 quick workarounds...

1. use a mono microphone (or set your mic to mono if poss.)
    2. Record in stereo and then convert to mono (you can do this by loading the audio track into a pad and then converting in the sample editor (your choices are left channel only, right channel only, or combine). After re-saving the mono version of the sample (inside your session folder) you can drag the new mono version back onto the timeline.
    3. Keep the audio track as stereo, and load the built-in Stereo Widener audio effect and set the Stereo Field Width down to 0%
    1. No need to load to a pad, just press edit, then edit, then process, convert to mono.
  • edited January 2019

Thanks. Forgot you could do that. Which is kind of odd, because it's in my book!

It's official, my (incomplete) book already knows more about BM3 than I do. Lol

• @tk32 said:
    Thanks. Forgot you could do that. Which is kind of odd, because it's in my book!

It's official, my (incomplete) book already knows more about BM3 than I do. Lol

How is the book going? Can i get a preview version, I trying to get through learning BM3 quick as possible. Think I'm almost there now. Anything in the book on how to make the perfect Venga boys sample?

• Book is going well, thanks.

I'll be able to share an early draft towards the end of this month.

Nothing about the Vengaboys in there, atm :p