BM3 Battle 16 - Vox Anima (Deadline: 31st Jan)

edited January 2019 in BeatMakers Showcase

OK, reigning champ @hansjbs has spoken. Beat Battle 16 is called ’Vox Anima’

The Theme

All tracks must include this acapella vocal track (in some form):

MAAD - Me & U

You are welcome to chop, slice, re-edit, warp, reverse or otherwise mangle this vocal to suit the style of your track

If you need help extracting the audio let us know and we’ll host the WAV file here

Deadline:

Thursday 31 January

The Rules:

• All tracks must be assembled in Beatmaker 3. You can use sounds and stems from other apps, and we don't mind if you master the track using other tools, but it must be built using Beatmaker 3 to qualify.

How to submit your entry/entries:

• Simply post your Soundcloud, YouTube or Dropboox links here in this thread, and we will create a voting thread for all entries after the deadline.
  • If you provide a WAV download link we can add your submissions to the forum’s own Soundcloud account

Comments

• Yessssssss!!!!! Let’s go. Thanks for the post @tk32 . Ok the arena has been set and the battle is a go. Begin!

• @winconway you gotta join this one. Don’t chicken out 😂😂😂

• edited January 2019

F sharp major 107 bpm
    Sorry, don't do samples off you Tube, buy me the acappella and i will get on it

• What a voice. This girl sounds like Aaliyah. RIP

• edited January 2019

There ya go, as close i get to an entry, now you can stop with that chicken out stuff, I have other things to do.

Edit*
    I didn’t have headphones with me, if it radiates your cat, you have been warned.

• @winconway said:
    There ya go, as close i get to an entry, now you can stop with that chicken out stuff, I have other things to do.

Edit*
    I didn’t have headphones with me, if it radiates your cat, you have been warned.

😂👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

• Mmmmmm... voccapella... :heart:

• Still love this vocal even after listening to it loop all night.

Hope you hosers bring some fire and not just excuses, mine's done 😎

• @Insomniak said:
    Still love this vocal even after listening to it loop all night.

Hope you hosers bring some fire and not just excuses, mine's done 😎

Make another!

• How is everybody coming along with this battle?

I've been very busy writing my book, but still hope to have a submission ready in time.

• I did a quick one right away and am just waiting for that sweet spot of forgetting just enough of it to go back in and mercilessly edit it...or just post the first sketch as is. :tongue:

• @Audiogus said:
    I did a quick one right away and am just waiting for that sweet spot of forgetting just enough of it to go back in and mercilessly edit it...or just post the first sketch as is. :tongue:

That's what I do 😂😂😂

• Battle teaser.

(With a little taste of London thrown in):

I seriously hope I’m not the only one working on an entry here :p

• Rough fade snippet. Lots of work to do still.

• edited January 2019

Battle teaser of my own :)

Quite a lot more to do, hope I have time to finish before the 31st.

MAAD's resampled on bank G1 and H1.

• My entry is almost finished.

I took a moment out from editing and composing
    my short film for the recent protest march in London.

• Sounds good @Gravitas (applies to both projects)

Personally, I'm struggling to find time to finish this with all the other projects I'm working on (book etc) but determined to find a way, Please excuse me if I only manage to finish a 32-bar mini track :)

• @tk32 said:
    Sounds good @Gravitas (applies to both projects)

Personally, I'm struggling to find time to finish this with all the other projects I'm working on (book etc) but determined to find a way, Please excuse me if I only manage to finish a 32-bar mini track :)

Same. (Switch book for young kids and wife with back trouble lol)

• @tk32 and @gusgranite
    I hear you both.
    I almost didn't do it myself.

• Yeah I’ve been pretty busy too...CRANKING OUT BANGERS!

• Excuses excuses 😂😂😂😂. I’m in the same boat busy busy busy but as the reigning Champ I gotta show up.

• Haven't done anything more with my initial sketch but I kind of like it as is, just enough to get the concept across. Don't really want to spend a ton of time trying to produce/polish/mix/finish it off/whatever you call it/ so I think I will just remove any glaring extra rough edges one of these evenings and call it a done.

• edited January 2019

just over 3 days to go now...

:)

• Worked on it some more last night. I need a bass line and I think that would be it for Me.

• 2 days to go - and my track is nearly there!!

Just need to tweak the order of my track sections a little more, then re-export.

• Here’s my entry. Cheers

• @groovey

Yep, loving the groove on that one.
    That would get me dancing on the dance floor for sure.

• That is begging for a DnB remix lol.
    Great stuff !!