β€Ί

AudioKit Digital D1 Synth

Hey gang anyone downloaded this? Looks pretty amazing - I bought it on Saturday. Looking forward to using it. Any ideas when it'll become AUv3?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/audiokit-digital-d1-synth/id1436905540?mt=8

Β«1

Comments

• Yeah, it's fantastic.

I bought it back at launch... but I'm waiting for AUv3 support before I start using it properly in my tracks (coming quite soon, I've heard)

• @tk32 said:
    Yeah, it's fantastic.

I bought it back at launch... but I'm waiting for AUv3 support before I start using it properly in my tracks (coming quite soon, I've heard)

That's good to hear man. I haven't opened it yet but will when I get on the tube lol!!

• Wow I played with it earlier and it sounds amazing!!! Pads are super nice and the other sounds like the basses are pretty dope. So far what I can tell the pads really excel. Well looking forward to this becoming an AUv3!!!

• edited January 2019

Yeah - love the sounds it can make. Do you know much about the original D-50 synth (which this is based on)? It blended synths with samples for some seriously lush (and classic) sounds.

Check youtube for some great videos on the original:

• Thanks everyone!

Yo, I'm so stoked to get the AUv3 version out. Here's a sneak peak of some progress today.

Looks amazing as an AU in BM3 on a 9.7" iPad.

I'm heading to NAMM tomorrow, and will be out this week. But, after I return, it should only be a couple more weeks of testing and tweaking before it's AU.

Thanks for your patience. πŸ™Œ

• "Holy crap, Batman. That's awesome"

• @analogMatt said:
    Thanks everyone!

Yo, I'm so stoked to get the AUv3 version out. Here's a sneak peak of some progress today.

Looks amazing as an AU in BM3 on a 9.7" iPad.

I'm heading to NAMM tomorrow, and will be out this week. But, after I return, it should only be a couple more weeks of testing and tweaking before it's AU.

Thanks for your patience. πŸ™Œ

Cool beans!!! Hurry up though we are all waiting to make some awesome music with it!! πŸ˜‰

• Patience grasshopper...

Good things take time.

• @analogMatt

Any chance you could make it so the Pitch Bend Range could be altered in both the D1 and Synth One as its quite wild at the moment. If could put that in update I think be a very customer lol!!! Cheers. :smiley:

• @tk32 said:
    Patience grasshopper...

Good things take time.

Ha ha have you got Synth One too?

• @The_Bro said:
    @analogMatt

Any chance you could make it so the Pitch Bend Range could be altered in both the D1 and Synth One as its quite wild at the moment. If could put that in update I think be a very customer lol!!! Cheers. :smiley:

Hey @The_Bro
    Thanks! Have you had the opportunity to try out some of the new-ish settings in the "Wheels" section? For example, if you set the pitch bend to "global", you can overwrite all the individual preset pitchbend settings.

i.e. This setting will set the pitchbend to -2/+2 semitones across the board

Cheers,

• @analogMatt said:

@The_Bro said:
    @analogMatt

Hey @The_Bro
    Thanks! Have you had the opportunity to try out some of the new-ish settings in the "Wheels" section? For example, if you set the pitch bend to "global", you can overwrite all the individual preset pitchbend settings.

i.e. This setting will set the pitchbend to -2/+2 semitones across the board

Cheers,

Is this is both of your synths - D1 and Synth One? :smiley:

• edited January 2019

Back from NAMM.

Here's a live demo preview of Digital D1 & Synth One running as AUv3 in GarageBand, BM3, and AUM

AUv3 part starts around 4:40

Thanks everyone. We're making progress every day!

• Major tease.

I can’t wait to use these as AUv3

• Awesome!!

• @analogMatt said:
    Back from NAMM.

Here's a live demo preview of Digital D1 & Synth One running as AUv3 in GarageBand, BM3, and AUM

AUv3 part starts around 4:40

Thanks everyone. We're making progress every day!

Excellent. Hope the wait isn't much longer!! :wink:

• @analogMatt

Any update on the AUV3 update?

• edited February 2019

@The_Bro said:
    @analogMatt

Still working on it. It should still be out this month

• @analogMatt said:

@The_Bro said:
    @analogMatt

Still working on it. It should still be out this month

@analogMatt Any news? I keep seeing the updates but nothing yet including AUV3. :-(

• @The_Bro It breaks my heart that AUv3 is not ready yet. We are still working on it every day. Most big AUv3 apps use a framework call JUCE. While, we're trying to make it work with Native Apple Development. Which will allow almost all developers to make AUv3 moving forward. Thanks again. Not a day goes by that I don't work on AUv3 for you. πŸ™

• @analogMatt huge props to you and the AudioKit team! This project is so much bigger than just the awesome D1 synth.

πŸ‘Š

• @analogMatt said:
    @The_Bro It breaks my heart that AUv3 is not ready yet. We are still working on it every day. Most big AUv3 apps use a framework call JUCE. While, we're trying to make it work with Native Apple Development. Which will allow almost all developers to make AUv3 moving forward. Thanks again. Not a day goes by that I don't work on AUv3 for you. πŸ™

Take your time. I know you guys will get it soon and do it right. I'm patiently waiting.

• @analogMatt By the way I've tried to run D1 just as IAA but it won't load. Tried it in both BM2 and BM3. Any thoughts? :smile:

• @The_Bro said:
    @analogMatt By the way I've tried to run D1 just as IAA but it won't load. Tried it in both BM2 and BM3. Any thoughts? :smile:

Egads! That's no good. I tried the app store version real-quick. And, it appears to work as IAA in BM3.

Though, as you know, iOS IAA can be finicky.

Something that may work: Try deleting the app and re-installing from the app store. And, rebooting your device.

Hope that works!

• @analogMatt said:

@The_Bro said:
    @analogMatt By the way I've tried to run D1 just as IAA but it won't load. Tried it in both BM2 and BM3. Any thoughts? :smile:

Egads! That's no good. I tried the app store version real-quick. And, it appears to work as IAA in BM3.

Something that may work: Try deleting the app and re-installing from the app store. And, rebooting your device.

Hope that works!

@analogMatt Any plans for any drum machines as I'm really feel what you're doing with synthy stuff!!!

• @The_Bro said:

@analogMatt said:

@The_Bro said:

Hope that works!

@analogMatt Any plans for any drum machines as I'm really feel what you're doing with synthy stuff!!!

Thanks! We've been talking to some of our friends here in Atlanta about making some custom drum samples... Some producers you've probably heard of ;)

• @analogMatt said:

@The_Bro said:

@analogMatt said:

@The_Bro said:

Hope that works!

Thanks! We've been talking to some of our friends here in Atlanta about making some custom drum samples... Some producers you've probably heard of ;)

;) nice. Great move.

• Thanks everyone! You're too kind. Additionally, we're going to keep improving the apps we have now before we release a drum machine.

Synth One, D1, and FM Player have lots of room for improvement. Much like the constant care and improvement that goes into BM3, we want to make instruments that people really love. Our goal is to always make amazing sounding instruments that really inspire musicians. Tone over profits. Appreciate everyone that sticks by AudioKit as we continually try to improve... πŸ™

• @analogMatt Any update mate? :smiley:

Β«1