How do you do dubstep wobbles in BM3???

I'm sure there was a thread on it but can't find it. Please help a brother out. Cheers. ;)

Comments

1. Create an audio track
    2. Set the iPad microphone as input.
    3. Hit record
    4. Sing "wub wub wub" into the mic.
  • (only joking)

• edited March 2019

Either (a) build a wub-wub (brostep) bass from samples PLUS various filter modulations, or (b) find an AUv3 synth that lets you modulate filter cutoff with an LFO synced to tempo.

I'll try to find 5pin's video tutorial for (a), and I think we recommended Cyclops or Synthmaster One as good options for (b)

• Automate the Filter Freq of your Synth Bass choice (you could even do it in the BM3 sampler with a Reese Bass sample) with an LFO and use automation to control the LFO’s level, rate, type, etc. If you use the sampler, you could automate the start point of the sample as well.

Lots of ways to do it, but basically you are controlling the Filter Frequency and either drawing in all the automation you want specifically or use an LFO + automation.

• @tk32 said:
    1. Create an audio track
    2. Set the iPad microphone as input.
    3. Hit record
    4. Sing "wub wub wub" into the mic.

I'm give that a go you know ha ha.

• @tk32 said:

Sick. Gonna practice that on the tube home tonight. Nice one!!!

• You’ll need to find a single cycle sinewave, or you could just isolate a single wave from a any sample in your library.

Bassdrums should give you a clean sine wave if you zoom in and trim far enough

• edited March 2019

Here’s a quick video showing how to extract a single cycle sinewave from any bassdrum:

• Starting to make a wobble bass but its not staying in sync and there's like a clip sound at the end of each note. Any thoughts @tk32

• edited March 2019

Try to increase the attack and release slightly to see if that stops the clicking.

It could also be because your single cycles do not begin and end on zero. Watch my video above and notice that when I make my selection i get two humps, one going up, one going down, and the start and end are snapped to zero.

• edited March 2019

Can you screen record and share via youtube? I might be able to scee what’s going wrong.

Alternatively take a screen grab of your sample editor screen and post it here

Like this....

• edited March 2019

I've made you another video. It shows the bass I managed to build after extracting the sinewave from the bassdrum (see my video above) and then adding a few modulations and macros settings...

• Thanks man. I'll look into it tomorrow. Bed beckons lol.

• @tk32 I think I figured it out - I just put the sample on loop and that seems to solve it!!

• Yeah - I did that in my first video, but forgot to mention it has to be in loop mode :)