Would like to have pattern repeat sequencing like an Akai MPC building songs?

@mathieugarcia @winconway @tk32 @vincent Linear is cool but pattern repeats so much quicker building songs in vertical columns Does anyone know of any pattern repeat sequencer apps that I can link to bm3 . My aim is to do everything in bm3 then sequence and trigger my samples with another pattern vertical app?

Comments

• @beatmakerstorm said:
    @mathieugarcia @winconway @tk32 @vincent Linear is cool but pattern repeats so much quicker building songs in vertical columns Does anyone know of any pattern repeat sequencer apps that I can link to bm3 . My aim is to do everything in bm3 then sequence and trigger my samples with another pattern vertical app?

impc Pro does is like the akai mpc software but I'm not sure it can be linked.

• @hansjbs said:

@beatmakerstorm said:

@hansjbs yep . Hey thats funny we just added to Audiobus forum the post about Bm3 updates. Iam “Stormbeats” on there
    If bm3 gets vertical pattern song mode that would be brilliant

• @beatmakerstorm said:

@hansjbs said:

@beatmakerstorm said:

@hansjbs yep . Hey thats funny we just added to Audiobus forum the post about Bm3 updates. Iam “Stormbeats” on there

Oh ok. What’s good.

• @hansjbs said:

@beatmakerstorm said:

@hansjbs said:

@beatmakerstorm said:

Oh ok. What’s good.

@hansjbs just making beats like the rest of us.

• Korg Gadget does that. And now with the new Taipei you can trigger BM3 from it.

• Isn’t this what Pasting Scenes to the Song does, only horizontally?

I managed to sequence a track using all scenes. I made an Intro Scene, then one for a Verse, and finally, one for a Hook. I then set the position marker in Song Mode to the beginning, went back to Scenes Mode, selected the Scene I wanted first, and Pasted. I then went to each Scene (using them as Patterns), and pasted them in the order I wanted them. Worked out fine 🤷🏽‍♂️

• edited March 2019

@MrFlowRx dude my post mentions Vertical. You ask is this not what it does horizontal. Also Scenes you have to trigger manually

• @Geir said:
    Korg Gadget does that. And now with the new Taipei you can trigger BM3 from it.

@Geir ok cool. Thanks. So I can arrange the Bm3 patterns into Vertical Patterns in Korg to build a song? I will look into this.

• @beatmakerstorm said:
    @MrFlowRx dude my post mentions Vertical. You ask is this not what it does horizontal. Also Scenes you have to trigger manually

No need for the ‘tude, dude. “Only” horizontally tells you I knew what you were asking for. As far as the manual trigger, that’s not necessary when they’re pasted to the song. And I personally find it much easier and quicker to just “tap it in” as many times as I want it to repeat. But I’m fully aware that it’s my personal preference. What I was suggesting was simply a workaround. I’m honestly not sure if BM3 can or will adopt the vertical arranger view. Doesn’t bother me at all, since I enjoy the unique perspective that each view gives. It almost makes me hear music differently.

All that said, we each have preferences. And i got no beef w/ yours. Maybe my zeal for wanting to teach and learn new ways to do things came off as arrogant. If so, my bad. ✌🏽