Song mode VS Scene mode

Hello

I have a problème ....
I want to play loops and patterns in scene mode on a track that is loaded in the song mode. Like if I was a Dj playing stems sync on my backing track.
The problème is when I play the next scene, my backing track automatically stops .....
Please help .....

Tagged:

Comments

• edited January 2018

@znomusic said:
    Hello

I have a problème ....
    I want to play loops and patterns in scene mode on a track that is loaded in the song mode. Like if I was a Dj playing stems sync on my backing track.
    The problème is when I play the next scene, my backing track automatically stops .....
    Please help .....

It's possible you have the backing track in the same bank. And the moment you select a pattern, it will trigger scene mode instead of song mode. the pattern you are working with on song view is replaced with a pattern you are trying to play. You'll also want to make sure your choke groups if any are not conflicting as well. Don't know if this is your issue.

• I think you’re right thanks !
    In fact when I create a pattern as long as my backing track with a new bank I have no problem.

The shame is that we can’t jump inside the backing track like if it was an audio track.

• @mefisme said:

@znomusic said:
    Hello

I have a problème ....
    Please help .....

It's possible you have the backing track in the same bank. And the moment you select a pattern, it will trigger scene mode instead of song mode. the pattern you are working with on song view is replaced with a pattern you are trying to play. You'll also want to make sure your choke groups if any are not conflicting as well. Don't know if this is your issue.

Am I the only one who use this technic ?

• edited January 2018

@znomusic said:
    I think you’re right thanks !
    In fact when I create a pattern as long as my backing track with a new bank I have no problem.

The shame is that we can’t jump inside the backing track like if it was an audio track.

Am I the only one who use this technic ?

>

Not sure I follow the "jump inside the backing track as if it were like an audio track? Patterns and audio can all be added to song view and/or scene mode. If the pattern is on it's own bank you can bounce into it independently regardless if other patterns are playing. Song view/ scenes / or from the separate banks track helper. Notice the difference between playing song behavior and working pattern behavior.

No, you are not the only one that uses this technique. It just behaves differently in BM3. Once you figure it all out, you'll see why it's awesome the way it is.

• How to explain ....

Well my set is compose like this :smile:

Once I compose my song in Logic Pro
    Then I choose what patterns can I play in real time.

Then I export it as audio loops.

So I mute it in the rest of my backing track. And I export it as a wave.

In BM 3

I would like to import my backing track in song mode

Than import all my audio loops in pattern mode.

So I can play live my loops sync with the backing track with all the one shot sounds.

Like if I was a Dj playing disc ( my backing track ) and jump in different cue points.

And play live sync loops on it (like NI stemps)

• I’m also intetested on this!

• edited March 2018

First of all, I never work with scenes, so I might be wrong :#

I think, though, if I read the posts above on this topic, @mefisme means:
    1: put your backing track on 1 or more banks and
    2: make sure you don’t use any pattern referring to these banks in any scene

Personally I would create empty banks to fill with instruments later as the project takes shape and put my backing track in the last bank(s), since I don’t like empty space at the top of a scene. But that’s probably my ocd playing up unexpectedly.

Please correct me if I got it wrong!

• sorry but your wong. this never worked.
    It's totally crazy that's impossible to do this simple thing !

Hello any news for a bugs fix/update ?> @denx said:

First of all, I never work with scenes, so I might be wrong :#

I think, though, if I read the posts above on this topic, @mefisme means:
    1: put your backing track on 1 or more banks and
    2: make sure you don’t use any pattern referring to these banks in any scene

Personally I would create empty banks to fill with instruments later as the project takes shape and put my backing track in the last bank(s), since I don’t like empty space at the top of a scene. But that’s probably my ocd playing up unexpectedly.

Please correct me if I got it wrong!

• yeah, the song/scene mode is really perplexing. going to & fro this two is confusing. i hope this feature will be fully explained in @tk32's upcoming guide book to bm3.

• @Suboidua said:
    yeah, the song/scene mode is really perplexing. going to & fro this two is confusing. i hope this feature will be fully explained in @tk32's upcoming guide book to bm3.

Big thumbs up :)

• edited April 2019

@Suboidua said:
    yeah, the song/scene mode is really perplexing. going to & fro this two is confusing. i hope this feature will be fully explained in @tk32's upcoming guide book to bm3.

So we have to read books to understand BM3 ? Nice ... #workflow

Seriously, I’tryed all the possibilities and it’s not possible to keep my track running when I change scenes. Even when I put the arrow ‘play song’ on each scene. That makes me sick

• @znomusic said:

It's totally crazy that's impossible to do this simple thing !

What software does this work in, please? :)
    It doesn't sound like a "simple thing" to me.

You want to use the functionality of two different modes/workflows at the same time.

I don't know exactly how to do what you are asking for in any software.

• But it does work perfectly in garaband, but GarageBand does not support Ableton link😭

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d58ybqyduherdtp/ScreenRecording_04-02-2019 21-56-17.MP4?dl=0

• Thé only way I found to make it is to use cross dj using Ableton link, but I don’t have the sync start

• That is some dope shiz! I've never seen that before - Even Ableton does not do this. That is pretty sweet!

• For live it’s what I need. You see to make the performance less cyclic. It’s like if you make a dj set and a live on the same time ! matthew johnson use it too on his performances

• edited April 2019

@DeanDaughters said:
    That is some dope shiz! I've never seen that before - Even Ableton does not do this. That is pretty sweet! And you can do that on mpc live too ;) but because there is alway a but, you are limited by ram memory of the machine. That’s why I would like that BM3 do this, and it’s possible ( if some devs work on it )

• @znomusic
    The way it works for me, if I understand what you want to do:
    1 Put a backing track on a pad in bank a, set it to one shot
    2 Make a pattern that is as long as your track if you want it to loop, with the backing track triggered on the first beat. Of course, if you want your backing track to loop, you should only trigger patterns, not scenes, further down the line.
    3 Put it in your first scene and don’t touch that scene anymore after you triggered it (not necessary, but easier to avoid mistakes)
    4 Trigger pads in other scenes on other banks to play along

Its not in song mode but it seems to serve the purpose 🤷🏻‍♂️

• @denx said:
    @znomusic
    2 Make a pattern that is as long as your track if you want it to loop, with the backing track triggered on the first beat. Of course, if you want your backing track to loop, you should only trigger patterns, not scenes, further down the line.
    3 Put it in your first scene and don’t touch that scene anymore after you triggered it (not necessary, but easier to avoid mistakes)

I will check it thank you @denx 👍🤗

• @denx said:
    @znomusic

It runs !!!! That you so much I never though to make it this way ! I’ll never find it without your help thank you !🤯😭🤝🤝🤝🤝

• @znomusic you are very welcome, glad it works!