Retain plugins in effects channel when clearing & replacing samples to pads?

edited April 2019 in General

@tk32 @mathieugarcia @winconway Ive been creating templates with effects chains. Took me forever. Effects Routing etc.Then tested with samples only to find (it seems) that when I clear or replace a pad with new samples the effects are cleared. Is there anyway to retain?
I gather the only option is to Save my effects Racks as Banks
Thanks in advance
EDIT : to be less confusing. Its the effects set to pads

Comments

• edited April 2019

Very annoying!!

Unfortunately pad effects are also lost when unloading or changing a plugin.

...which has prompted me to suggest the following workaround (though I haven't tested it yet)...

1. Load (any) AUv3 instrument plugin on the pad with the sample you want to change
    2. Replace the sample
    3. Unload the plugin

My theory is that bm3 should keep the effects chain intact if there is either a sample or plugin loaded at all times.

(Fingers crossed)

I'll test it myself shortly... I'm currently away from my iPad.

• @tk32 thanks for reply. I hope Intua can sort this. Currently there is no way to do proper template with effects on pads . Not a major issue but would help a lot.

• edited April 2019

You can change samples, just change the load type to load to same layer, it will mute the current sample and load the new, then you can delete the previous sample, all effects will be retained ;)

• Nice hack @winconway

Certainly better than my suggestion... which I still don’t even know if it works!

• @winconway said:
    You can change samples, just change the load type to load to same layer, it will mute the current sample and load the new, then you can delete the previous sample, all effects will be retained ;)

Stole my thunder I was about to type this hack. :'(

• +1 For making this work without the layer hack.

It works, but I’ve been using that hack for a while now. It’s not fun.

• @winconway said:

@winconway cheers