New jungle demo created in BM2!!

Listen to The Bro - 94 Flex (demo) by The Bro on #SoundCloud

Comments

• Very quiet here these days lol. Anyone feeling this?

• Decent Amen programming @The_Bro

Did you chop and program all the beats by hand, or were these pre-made loops?

• @tk32 said:
    Decent Amen programming @The_Bro

Did you chop and program all the beats by hand, or were these pre-made loops?

Thanks man.

Cut them up of course lol. 😉

• Anyone else yo? 😉

• Instead of posting WIPs and demos, complete a few tracks. Work on composition, arrangement, musicality, etc. Getting feedback on demos is great, but at this point you need to start working on your weaknesses. You also need to sit down with a music theory app or a grade 1 piano book or something and teach yourself how melody and harmony works. I'm not trying to shit on your parade, but the problems in your posts are consistent. I'd assume you don't get any feedback anymore because you're not taking people's advice and criticism and being constructive with it.

• @XanderJames said:
    Instead of posting WIPs and demos, complete a few tracks. Work on composition, arrangement, musicality, etc. Getting feedback on demos is great, but at this point you need to start working on your weaknesses. You also need to sit down with a music theory app or a grade 1 piano book or something and teach yourself how melody and harmony works. I'm not trying to shit on your parade, but the problems in your posts are consistent. I'd assume you don't get any feedback anymore because you're not taking people's advice and criticism and being constructive with it.

Thanks. No I definitely aim to take on board criticisms and to be constructive with it. The feedback for this particular track hasn't been too bad as I do post elsewhere but yes it could be better. :smile: Anyways I will keep trying to improve. Thanks again.

• edited May 2019

@XanderJames is absolutely right.

The quickest way to improve is by finishing tracks and learning about song structure. I'm a fine one to talk here, but all the advice I've ever read from pros is that there is a limit to how far you can grow if you only ever make snippet tracks.

Consistently, the advice from successful producers always goes a bit like this:

"I grew much more as a producer after making 3 full tracks, with a beginning, middle and end, than I ever would have making 100+ unfinished tracks"

Feedback is not what makes you better - pushing boundaries and exploring your weaknesses will.