Linked pad question

I was wondering if there is a way to keep the pitch of a linked pad from changing when playing notes on the pad that it’s linked to. For example, on pad 1 I have a synth kick loaded and on pad 2 I have a click sample loaded and linked to pad 1. I want to be able to play notes with the synth kick, but keep the click at its original pitch. Thanks

Comments

• edited June 2019

Pretty sure this is possible (I'll check at home tonight)

If memory serves you simply set your desired root note and then disable the pitch > tune modulation for pad 1

• edited June 2019

CORRECTION:

It’s not under Modulations it’s under the MAPPING tab instead.

Just switch PITCH to OFF (see below - to the left of ROOT KEY)

• Nice, I was just thinking about this so I could throw kick "tops" on one pad with a bass on another linked pad, without the tops being pitched up or down as the bass does. Figured this would work but now I have a reference =) thanks @tk32

• edited June 2019

@ronji said:
    Nice, I was just thinking about this so I could throw kick "tops" on one pad with a bass on another linked pad, without the tops being pitched up or down as the bass does. Figured this would work but now I have a reference =) thanks @tk32

Thanks, Miyagi-san.

The beauty of BM3 is that us elders are still learning new techniques even after 2 years of hardcore use.

• Thanks @tk32. Always quick with the helpful tips.

• @ronji said:
    Nice, I was just thinking about this so I could throw kick "tops" on one pad with a bass on another linked pad, without the tops being pitched up or down as the bass does. Figured this would work but now I have a reference =) thanks @tk32

Just pitch envelope the start of the bass, you will get the same effect, im guessing its only the attack transient you want ?

• @winconway said:

@ronji said:

Just pitch envelope the start of the bass, you will get the same effect, im guessing its only the attack transient you want ?

Yeah, and I do the pitch mod, but I also sometimes want the attack of the kick to sound different than just being pitched, as the results while useful are somewhat limited and not always the kind of feel I want. I know I could just separate the kick part, but sometimes I don't wanna.

• Its an in the mix thing, once you mix that tune down, any subtle differenxe of a kick attack layered vs a pitched envelope, gone, haha.