DRC synth detuned in BM3? (Solved)

edited July 2019 in Support

Hello,
I am trying to use DRC auv3 synth in BM3, but it is slightly detuned compared to the other synths (and compared to the standalone version). I tried to change the sample rate, but the problem remains the same.
Does anyone else experienced the same problem and/or has a solution please?
Thank you!

Comments

• I've only got the free version of DRC, and haven't used it in BM3 before... but I will give it a try and get back to you - although this is the first time I've heard about a synth potentially giving different tunings in AUv3 vs standalone.

Have you tried it as AUv3 in other hosts: Cubasis, Auria, AUM, NS2 etc?

• thank you for the quick answer @tk32 !
    Yes I have tried it with ApeMatrix, and it behaves normally there. Really really strange indeed...

• edited July 2019

OK - so here's my first findings (totally non-scientific)

Something weird is happening to DRC in AUv3 mode in BM3

Every 4th note I play (on-screen keyboard) doesn't sound at all, and the tuning does sound slightly off to me.

• @Sygma - have you updated to the very latest version of DRC (released today)?

I just updated and it seems better already

• edited July 2019

My current best theory is that the background version is/was somehow blocking the AUv3 synth engine switching from 44.1khz to 48khz (which is what my BM3 is set to in preferences).

Potentially, that would explain why the tuning sounds off (44.1khz synth engine playing at 48khz native)?

just a theory though.

• @tk32 said:
    My current best theory is that the background version is/was somehow blocking the AUv3 synth engine switching from 44.1khz to 48khz (which is what my BM3 is set to in preferences).

Potentially, that would explain why the tuning sounds off (44.1khz synth engine playing at 48khz native)?

just a theory though.

You got it!
    If you launch the standalone version first, then it will sound detuned if you use it on BM3 at 48khz (and lowering the sample rate at 44khz will not solve the problem). To solve it, you will have to do a soft reset of the iPad, and relaunch BM3, and DRC will be in tune again!
    I confirm that the tests have been down in latest version of DRC (updated today)

Thank you for your help!

• Glad to help.

By the way, I didn't need to do a soft reset to fix the problem, I just force quit BM3 and DRC, and then reloaded BM3 and opened the project with the DRC AUv3.