QWERTY Keyboard and BM3

I had a search through the forum but couldn’t quite find someone asking the same question.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a QWERTY connected keyboard on iPad with BM3? I recently purchased the Brydge keyboard for my iPad and love it. Would be fantastic to use it wit BM3 like I do on Ableton with my Macbook keyboard.

Comments

• edited July 2019

Hi @backpacksandmacbook

It's not possible curently, but you can add me to the list of people who would LOVE a few simple commands made available via qwerty keyboard. For example...

Cmd+S: Save
    Cmd+Tab: Cycle active bank
    Cmd+1/2/3/4: Switch view modes
    ...plus how about Qwerty keys piano keyboard?

• Being able to trigger pads and piano keys with QWERTY would be amazing.
    Space bar for play/stop etc..

Wonder how we can push this forward with the developers

• edited July 2019

I'm happy to try raising this suggestion with the devs. It's been on my personal wishlist for a while, and your post reminded me how useful it would be.

By the way, why do you have 2 user accounts?
    backpacksandmacbook and backpacksandmacbooks

• edited July 2019

Unfortunately forgot the password to one and then finally remembered it

• Would love QWERTY support for the pads/keys.

• This would definitely be a good feature. Space bar start and stop alone would be great!

• There must be something about iOS that doesn't make it readily available to developers. QWERTY support is a NS2 request too.

• According to the SunVox dev iOS doesn't recognise when releasing a key on a BT keyboard.
    So even if we were able to trigger notes and sounds using the keyboard they would likely get stuck since no note off is transmitted when lifting the key.

Who knows, maybe iPadOS/iOS13 will fix this...

• That makes sense. It probably just has the equivalent of a key-press event which is all you'd need for typing. Any more events than that, and they'd be called out for wasting battery life.

• @rtkeeling said:
    That makes sense. It probably just has the equivalent of a key-press event which is all you'd need for typing. Any more events than that, and they'd be called out for wasting battery life.

The irony is that the keyboard still ‘sends key off’ but iOS seems to ignore it so I call it a ‘bug’ as the same keyboard works flawlessly with SunVox on a ‘computer’ :)