MIDI Clock send/recieve?

Can BM3 not send/recieve midi clock? I have searched everywhere.

Comments

• I believe not. As a work around you could try:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/link-to-midi/id1066216595?mt=8

Install it and switch on Link in BM3.

It also means you can keep sync between IOS apps (link) and external hardware.

• Thank you. I believe I already have that app! Why would they not have midi clock anymore? It was rock solid on BM2.
  • edited July 2017

Hi!

We wanted to move on from the somewhat unreliable MIDI clock technology to Ableton Live but from popular demand we'll bring it back. Also, with the new improvements planned for iOS11 and AUv3, it makes sense.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• Thank you Sir!
  • @mathieugarcia said:
    Hi!

We wanted to move on from the somewhat unreliable MIDI clock technology to Ableton Live but from popular demand we'll bring it back. Also, with the new improvements planned for iOS11 and AUv3, it makes sense.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

Excellent!

• Yes please ! I was very disappointed not to have this feature. BM3 is quite useless in my environment actually. Ableton Link is nice with ... Ableton :) But there are so many other DAWs ! And Link doesn't manage start/stop event as far as I know.

• @TiPa said:
    Yes please ! I was very disappointed not to have this feature. BM3 is quite useless in my environment actually. Ableton Link is nice with ... Ableton :) But there are so many other DAWs ! And Link doesn't manage start/stop event as far as I know.

True!

• edited July 2017
    Never really enjoyed syncing multiple MIDI sequencers, the ability to trigger scenes via MIDI is preferable to me, sending regular notes keeps everything locked much much tighter.
  • @5pinlink said:
    Never really enjoyed syncing multiple MIDI sequencers, the ability to trigger scenes via MIDI is preferable to me, sending regular notes keeps everything locked much much tighter.

I mostly used IAA and MIDI clock sync with BM2 to sync other apps arpeggiator, delay, LFO, path and orbit in AniMoog and synced modulation in iMS20 and Z3TA. BM2 works great with Gadget. You can start/stop Gadget and a fair number of other apps clock from BM2's transport which is not possible with Ableton Link.

• Yeah sorry i was just remembering the days of syncing hardware drum machines and sequencers on stage.
    Yep MIDI sync is great for arps/LFOs/BPM effects ;)
  • Here's my old BM2 sync list, not sure if it's still accurate.
    2016.07.27 BeatMaker 2
    I found more IAA apps that sync with BeatMaker 2 without the need for a third party MIDI app. There may be more but these are the ones I am aware. Cheers:
    Animoog for iPhone - Path, Orbit & Delay ...
    Animoog for iPad - Path, Orbit & Delay ...
    BassLine - Sequencer & Delay, Clock |start/stop| ...
    Cyclops - Clock |start/stop|
    DM1 for iPhone - Clock |start/stop| (Open DM1 then select from IAA Host) ...
    DM1 for iPad - Clock |start/stop| (Open DM1 then select from IAA Host) ...
    DrumJam - Clock |start/stop| *Select IAA option DrumJam(MainOutput) ...
    DXi FM synth - Clock |start/stop| ...
    Earhoof - Clock |start/stop| (Open Earhoof then select from IAA Host) ...
    Egoist - Clock |start/stop| ...
    Elastic Drums - Clock |start/stop| ...
    FieldScaper - Clock |start/stop| ...
    FM4 - Arp & LFO ...
    Fugue Machine - Clock |start/stop| (Use Fugue Machine MIDI In)...
    FunkBox - Clock |start/stop| ...
    Gadget - Clock |start/stop| ...
    Galileo Organ- Arpeggiator & FX1 ...
    iMachine 2 - Clock |start/stop| ...
    iMini - Arpeggiator & Delay ...
    iMS-20 - BPM Delay & Modulation Generator ...
    iSEM - Arpeggiator, Delay & Chorus ...
    iTuttle - Delay & LFO (no arp sync?) ...
    Laplace - Arpeggiator & Delay ...
    Loopy HD - Clock |start/stop| ...
    Loopy - Clock |start/stop| ...
    LP-5 - Clock |start/stop| ...
    Magellan - Arpeggiator & FX1 Echoplasm ...
    MoDrum - Clock |start/stop| ...
    Modular - Arp ...
    Nanologue - Delay ...
    Nave - Arpeggiator & Delay ...
    NLogSynth MIDI - Arpeggiator, Delay ...
    NLogSynth Pro - Arpeggiator, Delay ...
    Oscilab - Clock |start/stop| ...
    SeekBeats - Clock |start/stop| ...
    Soundscaper - Clock ......
    SynthMaster - Sequence, Arpeggiator & Echo ...
    Sunrizer - Arpeggiator & Delay ......
    Thesys - Sequencer & Delay ...
    Thor - Sequencer, Delay, LFO1, LFO2, Mod, Global Env ...
    ThumbJam - Loop & Arp ...
    TF7 - Delay & LFO ...
    Voltan Telepathy - Delay ...
    WaveGenerator - Arpeggiator & LFO ...
    WaveMapper - Arpeggiator & LFO ...
    WR6000 - Clock |start/stop|
    Xynthesizr - Delay, LFO1, LFO2, Clock |start/stop| (Use Virtual Clock In)...
    Z3TA+ - Arpeggiator, Mod & Delay ...
    ZMors Modular - MIDI Clock, Sequencer & Delay ...
  • I'm excited for this feature (I perform live using an iCa4+ interface and the second device is synced by MIDI) but I was also happy to discover that BM3 syncs flawlessly through MIDI Link Sync (MIDI to LINK)

• I would also appreciate a good midi sync feature. Now that iPad can be used as an audio/midi interface with MacOS via lightning cable, I have been using the roll grid to send note repeat to Ableton’s drum rack...extremely useful! The only issue is by using LINK, I lose the count-in/pre-roll in Ableton, so I often have to record the loop first, then overdub the first note because. Sometimes the timing is off in link and I have to stop-start the sequence.

As others have mentioned, LINK support is limited to software right now, and hardware with arps could benefit from BM3’s internal sync.

• Still hoping for a better sync functionality than LINK