Blank Bank Exports

Just exporting some projects (individual banks as separate tracks) and gor blimey so many blanks! Even on banks that have no AUfx or AU synths, just simple sample triggering. I tried changing the buffer size and re-exporting but same result. I had the occasional one in the past but this is a massive amount now. 9 out of 24 banks are blank. I have about ten sessions I was going to export to desktop for finishing but, eh, serves me right for thinking outside the Maker. Forgive my impudence oh great one!

Seriously though, any tips for how to work around this aside from exporting them each individually?

Comments

• edited August 2019

Oh shaznapple! I found a fix!

So one of the banks that did not export properly had super loooong wav files on them and the pads were not trimmed. So I trimmed the samples and now the bank exports properly along with all the rest and is no longer blank.

So... untrimmed samples on looooong wav files may give bulk export problems.

• Good find.

• edited August 2019

Thanks for persevering @Audiogus - glad you found a way to solve the problem.

Super long WAV files loaded as samples have been known to cause other problems too.

General tip:
    If you value stability, I always suggest trimming super-long samples down, splitting them across several pads, or using them on an audio track instead

• @tk32 said:
    Thanks for persevering @Audiogus - glad you found a way to solve the problem.

Super long WAV files loaded as samples have been known to cause other problems too.

General tip:
    If you value stability, I always suggest trimming super-long samples down, splitting them across several pads, or using them on an audio track instead

Yah for me they are just super long source material and no need to be continuous.

Now I am having problems though where when I go through and trim a whole project that I am getting a ton of missing samples on reload. Trying to find a good trimming and cleaning process that does not require me to save each sample manually.

• edited August 2019

Lol, ok after trimming all the banks I am now down to six that don’t bulk export... sigh. may as well just export them separately at this point.

(EDITED out bitching)

So here is my export workflow.

1. Export all banks separately.
    2. Use Files App to moves the files to a folder in Audioshare.
    3. In Audioshare check for blanks and move them to a folder called ‘blanks’
    4. In BM3 re-export just the blanks.

So far so good.

(EDIT...2)

Alrighty, so 8 sessions in the export process and it looks like three exhibited the blank banks but fortunately I could export them in just two passes (and the ‘new’ 10.5 Pro is smokin fast over the old ipad, so eh, all good.)

• Thanks for the tips and workflow to this problem @Audiogus !