BeatMaker 3 update

Comments

• my money is on 23

• Hyped up already 🤪

• Time will tell, I do hope a new team of talents is in place to fix whats broken and polish the rest...
    Theoretically everything scheduled for the update (if it indeed drops before end of August) should be done by now and out on the beta-rounds... (I know nothing)

• edited August 2019

Maybe @vincent could send us some news, if he has some delay or not?

• JDBJDB
    edited August 2019

I’ll believe it when I see it, this app is a (mess)* and it doesn’t have to be. Fix the constant crashing and make it somewhat useable and I’ll be happy

*immature and inappropriate language removed by mod

• edited August 2019

@JDB said:
    I’ll believe it when I see it, this app is a (mess) and it doesn’t have to be. Fix the constant crashing and make it somewhat useable and I’ll be happy

Why so angry?

The vast majority of people here use bm3 on a daily basis with very few technical problems. It sounds like there's something you're doing that might be triggering your crashes.

Why not have a look at this thread below, read the experiences of others who've had crashes, and post your own experience (and politely, please)

https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/7668/poll-of-possible-crash-triggers-please-help-us-by-adding-yours

• SMH. Yes we all know the app crash from time to time for some and a lot for others. Let's bring it to light. @vincent is here and is open to communication. Also see Tk's post and add your own.

• @tk32 said:

@JDB said:
    I’ll believe it when I see it, this app is a (mess) and it doesn’t have to be. Fix the constant crashing and make it somewhat useable and I’ll be happy

Why so angry?

The vast majority of people here use bm3 on a daily basis with very few technical problems. It sounds like there's something you're doing that might be triggering your crashes.

Why not have a look at this thread below, read the experiences of others who've had crashes, and post your own experience (and politely, please)

https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/7668/poll-of-possible-crash-triggers-please-help-us-by-adding-yours

Woah why so sensitive? Not everyone who swears once is in a blind rage, Jesus it’s the internet lighten up, Read it back in a significantly duller tone than you’re imagining

• edited August 2019

11 days to go...
    Or should we just postpone the date until end of October to make sure it runs fine on iPadOS?

I don't know and honestly I've almost stopped caring...
    ...just fix the damned and monitoring thing and I'll be happy at least for a while...

And well make it possible to hide the recording dialogue so the pads & keys can be used while 're-sampling' the output from a bank. This since there's no easy way to process a sample thru a bunch effects, it has to be 'recorded' either live or by entering notes in a pattern and doing a synced recording.

I miss simple features like 'process sample using track effects' present in Renoise.

Just trusting higher powers that what ever ships whenever it ships will note be like the previous two releases and break more features than they actually tried to fix...

• @JDB - I'm relieved to hear you're not half as angry as you may have appeared, and that you still care very passionately about BM3 just like the rest of us.

But... you still don't get to speak like that on a public product forum and not expect some comment or censorship from the mod. I'm sure you understand.

• @tk32 said:
    @JDB - I'm relieved to hear you're not half as angry as you may have appeared, and that you still care very passionately about BM3 just like the rest of us.

But... you still don't get to speak like that on a public product forum and not expect some comment or censorship from the mod. I'm sure you understand.

I just didn’t know it was that sort of forum man I’m not angry at all, I must say that I still think the app is a fudging ship show though. To sit and write all the things that makes this app crash should be a paid job

• edited August 2019

@JDB said:

@tk32 said:
    @JDB - I'm relieved to hear you're not half as angry as you may have appeared, and that you still care very passionately about BM3 just like the rest of us.

I just didn’t know it was that sort of forum man I’m not angry at all, I must say that I still think the app is a fudging ship show though. To sit and write all the things that makes this app crash should be a paid job

There are a lot of things already noted that make the app crash. Take a look at that thread and maybe you might just need to add a couple or none since most crashes have been logged already.

• 9 months since the last update. Wow that seems like such a long time. Seems crazy to me.

• It might sound crazy but I do hope the next update will 'blow my brains out'.

Give the midi editor an overhaul that makes Atom look like a toy with non-destructive quantise etc. etc. etc.
    Add FX processing to the sample editor ala Renoise (Ie. process current sample thru track/bank effects).

Add some kind of synthesis engine to it, do an Arturia use the MIT license for the Mutable Instrumetns oscillators and bake them in. (Sure we've got Spectrum but with BM3's modulation capabilities a built-in one would kick it up a notch).

Add an option to do 'lazy chops' while recording a sample (ie. just tap the next pad to add a slice point and continue sampling without interruption).

Allow adding slices to a sample while it plays back using a 'slice' button making it easier to 'play' the slice points.

Not too many days to go before end of August :)

And yeah, add a 'Simpler Mode' to the sampler and give Ableton Live's 'Simpler' some healthy competition :)

And please fix the input monitoring when sampling...

Looking forward to what's cooking :)

• @samu said:
    It might sound crazy but I do hope the next update will 'blow my brains out'.

I hope too but now think the current version will be the last.
    There won’t be any new version at the of august nor at the end of the year.
    It sound pessimistic but there’s no sign of life for BM3 since many month now.
    It’s sad because BME is by far my favorite DAW on any platform.
    I was hoping they had scene chaining, track freeze, program change.
    On the bright side Mathieu will certainly bring us a product but it won’t be BM3 and certainly month away still.

• edited August 2019

@jeezs

Vincent has said publicly on this forum that he is working on an update, and so we have to trust his words. It may end up getting delayed beyond August if there have been complications, but we must give him the benefit of the doubt.

And although it may have been a long time since the last update, may I politely remind everyone here that BM3 is still, in many ways, further ahead in features and workflow than other DAWs updated and/or released in the last 12 months. It is still, by far, my very favourite DAW on iOS :)

• I'd settle for midi clock and stability in this update.

But agreed, BM3 is such a brilliant app. And the only iOS "DAW" I really enjoy using. It's so good that I wouldn't hesitate to replace my MPC with it, if only it was stable and I could sync my external gear.

• edited August 2019

@tk32 said:

Vincent has said publicly on this forum that he is working on an update, and so we have to trust his words. It may end up getting delayed beyond August if there have been complications, but we must give him the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe he’s still actively working on it and I really understand it can take much longer than expected.
    But why so little communication from INTUA?

• edited August 2019

@jeezs said:

@tk32 said:

Maybe he’s still actively working on it and I really understand it can take much longer than expected.
    But why so little communication from INTUA?

He said very clearly the update will be end of August. Why should something else be said before then?

• If not ready by end of August I'm sure he'll chime in and let us know.

• @samu said:
    It might sound crazy but I do hope the next update will 'blow my brains out'.

The only current 'flaw' for me that really should be fixed is not being able to split and join patterns without losing automation. That is the only thing that really glaringly stands out to me. It seems to really limit the potential of the app as a 'Daw'. I love playing notes and twiddling knobs and then being able to coarse edit these things on a timeline. Don't we all?

The real left field mind blower to me that is unlikely to ever happen (but should if BM3 is intended to be a Daw and not just a cool expansive groovebox with a sequencer) would be actual non destructive audio track editing with being able to slide clips between tracks, reorder tracks, realtime pitch/stretch, volume faders yadda yadda, we all know the deal-io.

Anyway, the midi playback triggering via midi clock works fine for me and I never have drift issues in that I just work in small looping chunks for short periods but sure midi clock should be in for others and it will help the apps success no doubt.

• @tk32 said:

And although it may have been a long time since the last update, may I politely remind everyone here that BM3 is still, in many ways, further ahead in features and workflow than other DAWs updated and/or released in the last 12 months. It is still, by far, my very favourite DAW on iOS :)

AMEN but Amen to Audiogus and Samu too! Dope suggestions! Fingers crossed for the update.

• @Audiogus said:

... non destructive audio track editing with being able to slide clips between tracks, reorder tracks, realtime pitch/stretch, volume faders yadda yadda...

uh oh. i've been expecting to see 'the ability to reorder tracks' in the next update for soooo long that i don't think i'm even able to process the possibility that it might not happen [!] ...i must be losing it

• All I want for xmas in august is Drag and drop multiple files to mapping and layer multi instruments banks oh and switch banks sounds with one button. Thats all. 😉

• @samu said:

Add an option to do 'lazy chops' while recording a sample (ie. just tap the next pad to add a slice point and continue sampling without interruption).

Allow adding slices to a sample while it plays back using a 'slice' button making it easier to 'play' the slice points.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Lazy chop please. This will bring BM3 up to date with Maschine, MPC, Ableton etc.

• Lazy chop?

You mean like this?

• @tk32 said:
    Lazy chop?

You mean like this?

Exactly. 😂😂😂

But yes +1 for lazy chops.

• edited August 2019

Sigh. Can’t everyone just want the same thing? Specifically, what I want?

• @Audiogus said:

I totally agree !!!😊

• @Audiogus said:

Only if what you want is proper midi clock in and out, and the ability to assign any knob in BM3 to any knob on my midi controllers. 😏