Beatmaker 2 lovers Any solution?

Hi.
Sorry for my english not very good
I've been an Beatmaker fanatic since over 10 years.
It has always been the only beatmaking software I use. Even if I have Studio One installed in my computer.
Yes thats right
In fact, I'd rather go with beatmaker instead of any more complete logicial.
As I have never been a certified professional.
Everything I know about mixing music, I learned it from beatmaker 2.

I was exited When I learned beatmaker 3 was released. And I bought it.
All these features looks great. But I feel like, just like BM2, I'm gonna have to get back from the start and learn everything back again.
From there. No problem. I'll learn it slow 1 step at a time.
But as I am not clever using beatmaker 3, and that I have not lot of time learning it, I still use beatmaker2, as well, to work at the best of my competencies, naturally.

But here is the point.
I feel like BM2 has already been trown to garbage. I mean by that, that I believe features and updates are not gonna come anymore.
After these years of mixing music, I have just stared to getting serious about making proffessional stuff and to mix some vocals to my works.
So, I never did that before, so it was not easy for me.
And then, I saw people on the internet use external apps, to work with vocals.
So I gave it a try as well
But here is the issue.
When, in BM2, I click + Instr./ audio apps, then GET MORE AUDIO APPS ( as I dont have any )
It says
Oops... Error 404
We are sorry, but the page you are looking for does not exist.

Did thoses feature have been deleted?
And why?
This is so sad.
I am totally in using beatmaker 2 and this happen?
Any way to get along with this? Any way to download external apps still?

Also, when I click Sound Store, the page just stay black. Is this dead too?
Its disappointing to see producer just gave up about beatmaker2. You know what? By the moment I still like it more that the 3rd. And for now I am to believe that it is gonna still last for quite a moment.

Anybody else is really more into BM2?
I am in it even more than litterally any other music station.

Is it still possible to use it ?
And to doenload stuff?
I understand we went forward and that I should get along with BM3, as I am slowly getting to do.
I also understand BM2 features are not to be released anymore. I do understand that.

But why cant I get to features that actually already exist? Are they deleted? Where can I get to them?
Apps? Sounds?
Please help

Thanks for reading.
I feel so nostalgic about BM2 I feel like I could be using it for all my life still I'd be ashamed it just dies.
If we could at least just use the stuff that was already released with it.
Anyway you get what I mean.
Have a great day.

Comments

• Hi @ZX77

Don't worry about your English - I can understand every word you said :)

I know that Beatmaker 2 still has many fans like you - and especially with users who want to make music on their iPhones. Unfortunately, version 2 is unlikely to receive any more updates - although it would be great if the dev could find a way to fix the in-app store error/black screen that I have heard several users report over the last few months.

The biggest problem with continuing to use BeatMaker 2 in 2019/2020 is that it only works with IAA (Inter-app audio) plugins, and Apple has announced this will no longer be supported in iOS 13. The new and improved way to use audio plugins on iPad and iPhone is using the AUv3 format, and this is only possible in BeatMaker 3 (and other recent DAWs like Cubasis, Nanostudio 2, etc).

Note - it is still possible to buy IAA plugins on the Apple appstore, but it is not clear when these will stop working.

• I like BM2 as well but use BM3 also. In the long run it makes sense to migrate over to BM3 if you can. :smile:

• Even after all these years the BM2 sequencer is still way more polished than what we've got in BM3.
    Just hoping the August update will bring the BM3 sequencer on par or even exceed the one in BM2...

• @tk32 said:
    Hi @ZX77

Don't worry about your English - I can understand every word you said :)

I know that Beatmaker 2 still has many fans like you - and especially with users who want to make music on their iPhones. Unfortunately, version 2 is unlikely to receive any more updates - although it would be great if the dev could find a way to fix the in-app store error/black screen that I have heard several users report over the last few months.

The biggest problem with continuing to use BeatMaker 2 in 2019/2020 is that it only works with IAA (Inter-app audio) plugins, and Apple has announced this will no longer be supported in iOS 13. The new and improved way to use audio plugins on iPad and iPhone is using the AUv3 format, and this is only possible in BeatMaker 3 (and other recent DAWs like Cubasis, Nanostudio 2, etc).

Note - it is still possible to buy IAA plugins on the Apple appstore, but it is not clear when these will stop working.

Did Apple announce they were dropping support for IAA with iOS 13? I saw that IAA is deprecated which usually takes a couple of full OS versions before it completely pulled but haven’t seen support is officially dropped at iOS 13. Do you have a link?

• edited August 2019

Officially, you’re Absolutely right @philowerx - but how many devs are going to provide updates and bug fixes for hosts and plugins using ‘deprecated’ technology.

If you’re lucky, you can continue using your favourite IAAs for another year (I guess), but don’t expect hosts to rush to fix compatibility issues if things suddenly stop working when you update iOS.

There are a minority of users who will choose to stay on iOS 12.4 and try to keep their IAA workflows going as long as possible, but it’s definitely on borrowed time.

• @tk32 said:

There are a minority of users who will choose to stay on iOS 12.4 and try to keep their IAA workflows going as long as possible, but it’s definitely on borrowed time.

The improvements to file-management alone in iPadOS/iOS13 will quite likely weigh a lot heavier than using older IAA apps. I suspect iPadOS/iOS13 adoption rate will be a lot faster that say iOS11 & iOS12...

And well, if the workflow is already based mostly around AUv3s then the update to iPadOS/iOS13 will be no-brainer since Apple is highly unlikely to send out AUv3 related bug-fix updates to iOS11 or iOS12 after iPadOS/iOS13 ships.

I also suspect some major players will drop support for older iOS versions since the changes to file-management will be something many users have asked for for ages and implementing them for older iOS versions will just be extra un-needed work when the OS provides those functions...

• @samu said:
    Even after all these years the BM2 sequencer is still way more polished than what we've got in BM3.
    Just hoping the August update will bring the BM3 sequencer on par or even exceed the one in BM2...
    Thank you for Elaborating on the difference. iPhone XS BM2 user here.