Slice to Pads - Create Pattern bugs (Fixed! (I think!))

edited October 2019 in Bug reports

Here are a couple bugs I posted a while ago (probably well over a year) without a video, back in the day. Anyway, I was asked on the AB forum to make a vid of it and figured I would post it here...

In a nutshell (and the video)...

1.) there seems to be a bug when consecutively using ‘create pattern’ on ‘slice to pads’. The first time it works but subsequent times it is messed up
2.) it should support gaps when generating the pattern

Comments

• Thanks Gus.

We'll test this in the beta and report our findings back to Vincent

• If I recall correctly I need to set the sequencer bpm to match the sample bpm before creating the pattern of the slices.

After the pattern is created I just change back the sequencer bpm. This way you’ll get an accurate pattern that triggers the slices nicely. It’s like old-school REX playback.

@tk32 The solution here is quite simple. BM3 could behind the scenes set the sequencer bpm to match the sample, create the pattern and return bpm to it’s previous value.

Cheers!

• @Audiogus said:
    Here are a couple bugs I posted a while ago (probably well over a year) without a video, back in the day. Anyway, I was asked on the AB forum to make a vid of it and figured I would post it here...

In a nutshell (and the video)...

1.) there seems to be a bug when consecutively using ‘create pattern’ on ‘slice to pads’. The first time it works but subsequent times it is messed up
    2.) it should support gaps when generating the pattern

Logged and added to our list. @tk32 it's there for Vincent to see.

• edited September 2019

@samu said:
    If I recall correctly I need to set the sequencer bpm to match the sample bpm before creating the pattern of the slices.

After the pattern is created I just change back the sequencer bpm. This way you’ll get an accurate pattern that triggers the slices nicely. It’s like old-school REX playback.

@tk32 The solution here is quite simple. BM3 could behind the scenes set the sequencer bpm to match the sample, create the pattern and return bpm to it’s previous value.

Cheers!

I think you are referring to something else all together. I am not talking about slices not lining up correctly due to different bpm settings. In fact I manually set the bpm in the video to match.

Did you watch the video? These are different bugs.

Just use slicer with ‘create pattern’ and then try it again on the same pad/sample and see how the second pattern looks. It has nothing to do with bpm.

• @Audiogus said:

Did you watch the video? These are different bugs.

Just use slicer with ‘create pattern’ and then try it again on the same pad/sample and see how the second pattern looks. It has nothing to do with bpm.

Just re-watched it and yes, they are both definitely bugs :)

While the 'bug' described in the video has nothing to do with the BPM I still consider the BPM thing to be a bug that is just as annoying especially in combination with the second generated pattern being a mess.
    (Meaning, If I forget to set the BPM before creating the pattern I have no other option than to re-load and re-slice the sample in order to get a working pattern).

I do like your style of presenting the bugs and you've got a really good voice for tutorials!

Cheers!

• @samu said:

@Audiogus said:

I do like your style of presenting the bugs and you've got a really good voice for tutorials!

Cheers!

Awww, thanks man. Maybe one day my manhood dream will come true and I make it into a BM3 beta.

• @Audiogus said:

@samu said:

@Audiogus said:

Cheers!

Awww, thanks man. Maybe one day my manhood dream will come true and I make it into a BM3 beta.

I second that motion!!! We need Audiogus in beta.

• You mean he's not on the beta?

What happened @Audiogus ? did you request an invite?

• @tk32 said:
    You mean he's not on the beta?

What happened @Audiogus ? did you request an invite?

I did, but as my secret identity and was probably also too late, err or something. No worries, I should actually pinch off this BM3 project I am working on anyway as I should get it done before installing the update as you never know.

• Seems fixed in the new update! :)

• @Audiogus said:
    Seems fixed in the new update! :)

👊