BeatMaker3 Beta enrolling

Comments

• Word. I will just be patient hoping you guys all squash the bugs and the update drops before the beta gets sent to me, that would be sweet too..lol

• Hope y’all are crushing some bugs!! Thanks to everyone testing and helping us to get an update soon hopefully. :)

• Hello Intua My Name is Arthur Snipes and I’m a Beatmaker 3 iPad app music producer. By far my favorite app to use when it come to creating. But I had seen that you were looking for people to help out with beta testing. I personally would be very interested in doing so. And I would gladly love you help you guys out in any way I can. So if would please get back to as soon as you can and leave me with some instructions on how I can be of any help. Thank you and hope to hear back from you soon.
    artsnipes707@gmail.com

• edited September 2019

(accidental double-post by @HogHouse707 deleted)

• @selfinflict3 said:
    Hope y’all are crushing some bugs!! Thanks to everyone testing and helping us to get an update soon hopefully. :)

Me 2 !
    Just had a BM3 session after a long time not using it. Made a beat, resampled it and closed the Audio Recorder... Crash! iPad back in the drawer and I'm back on my MPC.

• I've been using the release version of BM3 (3.0.12) almost 3 hours today without a single crash...

Maybe the trusty iPad Air 2 (iOS12.4.1) is more 'stable' that what Apple likes to call 'iPad Pro' which seem to be a big bag of hurt and cause for various stability issues especially if they are not running an up to date version of iOS...

Or maybe, just maybe I've learned to use BM3 in way not to intentionally make it bail?!

Wish all those on the beta a fun time squashing out baddies so we all can enjoy a stable new release with hopefully at least a handfull of new goodies :)

• @Geir said:

@selfinflict3 said:
    Hope y’all are crushing some bugs!! Thanks to everyone testing and helping us to get an update soon hopefully. :)

Me 2 !
    Just had a BM3 session after a long time not using it. Made a beat, resampled it and closed the Audio Recorder... Crash! iPad back in the drawer and I'm back on my MPC..

Anyone using BM3 on IPadOS Beta? Don’t think I had one crash on IPadOS Beta rediscovering BM3 over the past few weeks..

• edited September 2019

@samu said:
    I've been using the release version of BM3 (3.0.12) almost 3 hours today without a single crash...

Maybe the trusty iPad Air 2 (iOS12.4.1) is more 'stable' that what Apple likes to call 'iPad Pro' which seem to be a big bag of hurt and cause for various stability issues especially if they are not running an up to date version of iOS...

Or maybe, just maybe I've learned to use BM3 in way not to intentionally make it bail?!

Wish all those on the beta a fun time squashing out baddies so we all can enjoy a stable new release with hopefully at least a handfull of new goodies :)

I'm on an iPad 2018 now, but I have and used an Air2 as well. Just as many crashes on that one. Since I have this experience on both, with or without using 3rd party plugins, I'm wondering how some of you don't experience crashes at all. At least since my crashes are totally random. Whether I've got lots of banks or just started a new session.

• edited September 2019

@Geir said:

I'm on an iPad 2018 now, but I have and used an Air2 as well. Just as many crashes on that one. Since I have this experience on both, with or without using 3rd party plugins, I'm wondering how some of you don't experience crashes at all. At least since my crashes are totally random. Whether I've got lots of banks or just started a new session.

I usually do most of the editing (banks, samples, instruments etc.) when playback is stopped.
    Most crashes tend to be happening when doing edits to the samples or banks during playback.

Disk Streaming is still one potential source for problems, so when ever possible I turn it off.
    I do admit I'm mostly use shorter samples (0-10s) so I can fit plenty of them in ram.

Worth to note is that it's not always the users fault if the loaded banks have disk streaming enabled for some of the samples as there is no way of knowing in advance when disk streaming actually gets turned on.

@tk32 I've had disk streaming being automatically turned on even when loading short (1-2s) samples which to me is a BIG NO NO. Maybe BM3 does this automatically when it starts to run out of allocated RAM?

So far I've had a pretty stable experience and I really do feel for those whose experience is the complete opposite...

Cheers!

• Im not in the beta I hope yall have power users in the beta because Im talking to alot of them and there not in the beta

• I wonder if they didn't sign up, or didn't sign up in time. We have a good team in the beta, and we're doing our testing.

• Definitely Ready to help if there's any slots open for beta testing.

• There are 3 kinds of power users...

• Real power users (I know a few of these)
    • People who think they are power users (I've seen many of these)
    • Everyday users who engage with the forum and community to grow and share knowledge, help new users, and spend their free time helping test the beta to make this app better for everyone. (my favourite kind of power user)
  • edited September 2019

@Shazamm said:
    Im not in the beta I hope yall have power users in the beta because Im talking to alot of them and there not in the beta

What’s your definition of a power user?

I heard that comment came from Brandon’s last video. Let me tell you this the beta group we have is so good we don’t need power users if that’s what you guys wanna call yourselves :D .

I think that was a shot at beta testers who who have families and dedicated time to help with this app. “ A power user” as you put it would find what ? that you think a “hobbyist” as you guys put it won’t find?

We have knowledgeable people in here. We have someone who’s writing a book about BM3 that the masses are waiting for and is on high demand, how much more “Power user” can we get?

• @tk32 said:
    There are 3 kinds of power users...

• Real power users (I know a few of these)
    • People who think they are power users (I've seen many of these)
    • Everyday users who engage with the forum and community to grow and share knowledge, help new users, and spend their free time helping test the beta to make this app better for everyone. (my favourite kind of power user)

Well said. I agree 1000%!!!!

• @Shazamm said:
    Im not in the beta I hope yall have power users in the beta because Im talking to alot of them and there not in the beta

What you talking about bro. Just because someone who writes music don’t post YouTube vids every day and you dont know who they are don’t mean they aren’t using bm3 to its fullest. How old are you man?? How long you been producing? Some producers don’t like to be on video or even make videos, that’s why we do music. The beta is full of people who know what they are doing, the REAL power users, these guys are working very hard day and night in different time zones around the globe testing and smashing bugs...I only get 3 days a week to test, but some of these guys are spending day and night everyday testing and I thank them. We all love this app so much and it’s great to see such a huge amount of support for it. I feel you, you want this thing to be rock solid, and so do we all. Mad respect to everyone here, positive vibes and love, we got this 🥳🕺🏽

• edited September 2019

@selfinflict3 said:

@Shazamm said:

What you talking about bro. Just because someone who writes music don’t post YouTube vids every day and you dont know who they are don’t mean they aren’t using bm3 to its fullest. How old are you man?? How long you been producing? Some producers don’t like to be on video or even make videos, that’s why we do music. The beta is full of people who know what they are doing, the REAL power users, these guys are working very hard day and night in different time zones around the globe testing and smashing bugs...I only get 3 days a week to test, but some of these guys are spending day and night everyday testing and I thank them. We all love this app so much and it’s great to see such a huge amount of support for it. I feel you, you want this thing to be rock solid, and so do we all. Mad respect to everyone here, positive vibes and love, we got this 🥳🕺🏽

Well said!
    But we can also agree that maybe power user and pro user are being taken out of context. So I say let’s leave it alone.

• edited September 2019

@StudioES said:
    Я твой слуга. Я твой работник.

What??? :D :D :D
    Transalation please

Edit: Google translate to the rescue: I am your servant. I am your employee

• @StudioES said:
    Still curious if iOS has on-disk caching. There's cache memory of course, but how's that work in iOS? Things were so much easier to understand when we had northbridges, southbridges, DMA, memory controllers, no direct-access to disk...I cannot even find an explanation of how iOS handles CPU<>RAM<>Disk, but there are thousands of pages that explain how Intel-based PCs work. So, it must be incredibly difficult for iOS developers.

Re: BM3 'disk-streaming' - how much of the sample is loaded into RAM or the cache memeory or some-kind-of-cache or Whatchamacallit...

Curious about this too. If you ever find out any more info on this please give us an update.

• edited September 2019

The fact that someone whom teaches this thriving community thru YouTube videos can’t be considered a POWER USER and competent enuff for beta is baffling to me.. the majority of what I learned (and possibly what you learned) about BM3 came from Producers such as Shazzam and others, so to shame him because you don’t see his validity to a project as such is selfish, incompetent and down right blasphemy..
    here’s why...I go thru these forums rather religiously lookin for answers I can’t even find but one thing I do find is that most of you combating Shazam are REALLY GOOD forum members. I know nothing of your skills within BM3 or any other audio application for that matter, I know I learn the bare minimum from this forum. I’m not asking you to show and prove that you are “good enuff for beta”, all I ask is that you give those who are out here actually teaching this software the same respect.

AKA STOP BEING A D***
    Being apart of Beta doesn’t give you the right to tear down other users who helped contribute to this community.

Delete me, Mute me, Do as you please but one thing we are all gonna stop doing is throwing disrespect and being an admin or coat tailing one to solidify your loyalty to an app we all use and love doesn’t have be defensive. The dude never said anything to disrespect any of you.

• edited September 2019

@Mickvlo

I am mod on this forum, and I have no idea what you are referring to. Shazaam has the same rights as anyone else to apply to join the bm3 beta, and we would welcome him warmly.

Several other big YouTube BM3 users have already chosen to do so, so this is not some elite club that picks and chooses who they consider a 'power user'.

Would you care explaining what specific comments you are referring to (and where you read them) that prompted you to try intervening to defend Shazaam? Especially since it appears you have only registered here in order to post about this particular issue.

• @Mickvlo said:
    The fact that someone whom teaches this thriving community thru YouTube videos can’t be considered a POWER USER and competent enuff for beta is baffling to me.. the majority of what I learned (and possibly what you learned) about BM3 came from Producers such as Shazzam and others, so to shame him because you don’t see his validity to a project as such is selfish, incompetent and down right blasphemy..
    here’s why...I go thru these forums rather religiously lookin for answers I can’t even find but one thing I do find is that most of you combating Shazam are REALLY GOOD forum members. I know nothing of your skills within BM3 or any other audio application for that matter, I know I learn the bare minimum from this forum. I’m not asking you to show and prove that you are “good enuff for beta”, all I ask is that you give those who are out here actually teaching this software the same respect.

AKA STOP BEING A D***
    Being apart of Beta doesn’t give you the right to tear down other users who helped contribute to this community.

Delete me, Mute me, Do as you please but one thing we are all gonna stop doing is throwing disrespect and being an admin or coat tailing one to solidify your loyalty to an app we all use and love doesn’t have be defensive. The dude never said anything to disrespect any of you.

Glad you got that out off your chest.

Things were said and feelings got hurt on both side. This "pro" or "power" user stuff is not going to make this app stable or add features that a lot of us want to see. So I'm throwing the white flag.

Our focus should be about BM3 not bickering over past things that were taken out of context. Can we now move on?

Thank you.

• Shazzam only stated that he wasn’t invited nor anyone whom he knows that’s he may consider a power user then continued by saying he only had hopes of there being any power users at all whether he knew them or not. Then as an admin you continued by trying to explain to him what YOUR opinion of a power user is as if what he said had offend you or as if he’s not a power user because he teaches on YouTube . Hanjbs immediately jumped your coat tail to join in confrontation that had no place starting in this thread.. TK, I know you are the admin as I have watched you throw your weight around when u disagree with opinions and honestly bro I wish you the best with that. No ill will here.

Yes, I did register to address this particular issue but I could have registered on the last thread where u threaten to ban someone whoms opinion you called trolling ..?? Ring a bell or several?

I’m not intervening to defend shazzam as he just happens to be the latest example of being disrespected on this forum and that in itself is the issue I’m having.

It’s not bickering, hansjbs. Or if it is, it’s a trend that was started following Shazam’s post by comments that followed.

Don’t worry this will be my first and last message here as I don’t see the value of learning how to be arrogant amongst other users will propell this community forward.

RESPECT is all that is asked.

• @vincent Hope you can introduce Beatwarping ala Ableton's Warp Markers that would be an absolute god send!!!

• edited September 2019

@Mickvlo

Hopefully, Shazam will post here himself so he can find out we're not hostile - and we all have love for the BM3 app and community.

There have been several misunderstandings in the past, and I know I've made comments that a few people felt was targeted directly at them (eg '3 types of power user..'). It's true that I overreacted to salty comments I'd heard that there were "no real power users" on the beta team, especially when it was clear that anyone could sign-up (regardless of their experience or status). I posted because I wanted to speak up for all the users who put hours and hours into helping on the forum, in the Discord chat, and patiently testing the bugs and beta versions to try to help make this app better for everyone. I wanted it to be known that I consider these guys 'power users' as much as the people sharing knowledge on YT (who I also appreciate greatly).

Disrespect often happens when we don't understand the other person's perspectives. I think the best way for us to move forward is to communicate more so that we see our similarities instead of our differences.

Earlier today I wrote and posted some Rules and values for this forum, and I realised these need to apply to me as much as everyone else here. I'm only human, after all.

Please pass this message on to Shazam - and I hope he joins us here (and on the beta team) soon.

• Wow, these things really get blown out of proportion.. so @Mickvlo are you saying since Shazam is so well known on yt Vincent should have reached out to him personally to beta test? He reached out to the whole community with an email to sign up for testing, he didn’t play favorites, should he have? Personally I have no clue who Shazam is, have never seen one of his videos, at least I don’t think I have anyway. Also this is a forum for discussion, I feel like just because someone is on yt posting videos doesn’t give them the final say on who should be testing, or commenting on their posts. These guys are working hard trying to get this update out, just like Shazam, Brandon, and marv work hard to bring videos showing bm3 tutorials and stuff. Everyone wants to be respected and feel welcome here. We all really want the same thing. I don’t feel like anyone was truly disrespectful here., peace to all.. ✌️

• edited September 2019

I'm still hopeful Shazam will return... both here on the forum AND on the beta (via Discord)

• The more the merrier

• @selfinflict3 said:
    The more the merrier

You’d think so but I applied for beta as soon as it came out, got an email back asking for my name and apple ID and got ghosted ever since

This discussion has been closed.