BeatMaker 3 update

Comments

• Mmmm, oh yah, warp markers on slices in the sampler would be lovely. With a 'bake in' option too that rendered it out back into the sample. I likely would not use it on drums but would certainly use it for a lot of other things. Vocal editing especially.

• @Audiogus said:
    Mmmm, oh yah, warp markers on slices in the sampler would be lovely. With a 'bake in' option too that rendered it out back into the sample. I likely would not use it on drums but would certainly use it for a lot of other things. Vocal editing especially.

LLOOLL i would love the BAKE IN :D feature which is why i’d Root for warping so that I wouldn’t have to resample playback of modified chops. Warp/bend takes the extra step out of it. I would use it for sampling classic melodies without drums. Am gonna watch that ABLETON video and see what I can do without bend marks in case update doesn’t have

• Please bring an audio to midi function.

• Hello Beatmakers I’m a newbie and i have some questions as far as using beatmaker 3. First off i truly love this app it has taken my creativity to another level so I’m thankful and can’t wait for this next update. I am using a xkey air, komplete kontrol m32, and a sensel morph as midi controllers.

Here are my newbie questions

Can we create and save song templates to use when creating songs?

Is there any global velocity bank modification? meaning to change the velocity of each pad in a bank globally

Can we time stretch and reverse the sample in the sample Editor simultaneously?
    It seems like when i try to time stretch it the reverse feature becomes greyed out

Can we set the sample on loop and play it as a one shot instead of having to press the pad down to play the sample fully ?

Can we map macros globally?

Can we turn midi to audio vice versa?

Anybody own the sensel morph if so what are your settings on it to work with beatmaker?

I’ve been having some sensitivity issues as far as finger drumming

once again it’s like i can’t do things simultaneously which is a bit frustrating

If beatmaker 3 can’t do or have these features yet please take heed of this request to add in the official update

Thank you

• edited September 2019

Hi everyone,

I've noticed quite a few feature requests have started creeping into this thread.

I just want to quickly remind everyone (new and old) that this thread is not the right place to post feature requests or newbie questions.

I understand that during a beta users will try to get their suggestions in a place that is more likely to get noticed, but a well-defined feature or help request in its own separate thread is both (a) neater and more organised (making me as forum mod happy) but more importantly, (b) it will always have more impact and responses than simply tacking it onto the end of a big long discussion about the beta.

My advice for posting help and/or feature requests:

• Start a new thread in the correct category (support/feature requests)
    • give your thread a name that clearly summarises the content (no CAPITALS or exclamations '!!!' please)
    • Explain your help (or feature) request in the thread clearly.
    • For feature requests, you should try to explain how your suggestion improves the existing tools, and how you imagine your new feature would fit alongside the current app (where would the new feature controls appear, would it affect other parts of the app, etc)

Cheers
    tk32

• @tk32 said:
    Hi everyone,

I've noticed quite a few feature requests have started creeping into this thread.

I just want to quickly remind everyone (new and old) that this thread is not the right place to post feature requests or newbie questions.

I understand that during a beta users will try to get their suggestions in a place that is more likely to get noticed, but a well-defined feature or help request in its own separate thread is both (a) neater and more organised (making me as forum mod happy) but more importantly, (b) it will always have more impact and responses than simply tacking it onto the end of a big long discussion about the beta.

My advice for posting help and/or feature requests:

• Start a new thread in the correct category (support/feature requests)
    • give your thread a name that clearly summarises the content (no CAPITALS or exclamations '!!!' please)
    • Explain your help (or feature) request in the thread clearly.
    • For feature requests, you should try to explain how your suggestion improves the existing tools, and how you imagine your new feature would fit alongside the current app (where would the new feature controls appear, would it affect other parts of the app, etc)

Cheers

No problem i moved my questions to another “category” which is support. Please answer them as best as you can it would be appreciated

• Everyone is hyped like consumers waiting the new iPhone

• You should be.

• @mefisme said:
    You should be.

Oh really? For a lil old bug fix update? Hmmm... now maybe if it had track freezing... ;)

• edited September 2019

@Audiogus said:

@mefisme said:
    You should be.

Oh really? For a lil old bug fix update? Hmmm... now maybe if it had track freezing... ;)

My apologies. I should have quoted @znomusic as it was a response to their post.

On the topic though, could you maybe provide a clear documentation of what a 'track freeze' feature would detail regarding BM3 in the feature requests section or PM me those details?

• So, how is it coming along? I know you can't/don't want to spill the beans, but are there made any progress? Is there a fine release in the end of tunnel? :smile:

• edited October 2019

@Geir said:
    So, how is it coming along? I know you can't/don't want to spill the beans, but are there made any progress? Is there a fine release in the end of tunnel? :smile:

Progress is going well, the beta team is working hard to uncover little glitches and bugs, and then the dev is squashing them.

Ironically, the better we do our job as beta testers, the longer it will be before you get access to the update :s

hmmm.. maybe we should just ignore a few of the smaller bugs so you can get the update quicker? :smiley:

• @tk32 said:

@Geir said:
    So, how is it coming along? I know you can't/don't want to spill the beans, but are there made any progress? Is there a fine release in the end of tunnel? :smile:

Progress is going well, the beta team is working hard to uncover little glitches and bugs, and then the dev is squashing them.

Ironically, the better we do our job as beta testers, the longer it will be before you get access to the update :s

hmmm.. maybe we should just ignore a few of the smaller bugs so you can get the update quicker? :smiley:

Hehe. No thanks, I'd rather wait patiently :smile:

• @tk32 said:

LOL, That's the case with some other apps as well...

For me personally If I can't make an app crash or find issues with it it just means I've not done a good enough job in tracking down them issues ;)

• Will this new update have easy access to iCloud or even google drive? Dropbox has its own button which makes it easy to just upload directly into the folder you’re in unlike the rest where it downloads to the import folder(I think that’s the folder not near my iPad) plus Dropbox is $10 a month for more storage whereas iCloud is much more cheaper.

• Any news for this famous update ?

• @znomusic said:
    Any news for this famous update ?

The next news you'll see is when it gets released.

Hopefully soon.

• @tk32 said:

@znomusic said:
    Any news for this famous update ?

The next news you'll see is when it gets released.

Hopefully soon.

🤣

• edited October 2019

❓Any news on the update.❓
    ❓Is it near completion or out of beta phase.❓

• @DeviantThai said:

The beta is wrapping up, so I would expect it to release soon. :)

• @tk32 said:

@DeviantThai said:

Can’t wait honestly!!
    Best Regards, Thai☺️

• @tk32 said:

@DeviantThai said:

:D :D :D

• edited October 2019

BREAKING NEWS:
    This current beta round has now finished, and the BM3 update is currently propagating it’s way to all appstores around the world.

I’ll post an official changelog here once that happens

• edited October 2019

Nouvelles fonctions souhaitées :

La possibilité d'enchainer automatiquement les scènes.
    ET/OU
    La possibilité de définir plusieurs zones à boucler en mode song.

Avec Loop ON/OFF à distance, on contrôle toute la musique !

Merci :)

• @souslaville said:
    Nouvelles fonctions souhaitées :

La possibilité d'enchainer automatiquement les scènes.
    ET/OU
    La possibilité de définir plusieurs zones à boucler en mode song.

Avec Loop ON/OFF à distance, on contrôle toute la musique !

Merci :)

La possibilité d’enchainer les scènes est dejà sur la liste de demande de fonctionnalité
    Plusieurs zones en mode de song? Je ne crois pas que ça sera nécessaire c’est presque la même chose.

• edited October 2019

Merci de la réponse. Oui, c'est pour cette raison que j'ai mis "ET/OU" :-)
    Il faut cependant qu'en mode scène, on puisse interagir sur la musique avec le mode loop ON-OFF à distance.

Autre souhait : une commande à distance pour avancer ou reculer d'une scène à l'autre OU que la fonction Transport Backward et Forward servent en mode scène pour avance et reculer (sur l'écran tactile et à distance). Merci :smile: )

• Autre souhait : Start / Stop avec le même bouton !
    Merci ! :)

• @tk32 said:
    BREAKING NEWS:
    This current beta round has now finished, and the BM3 update is currently propagating it’s way to all appstores around the world.

I’ll post an official changelog here once that happens

LETS GOOO😋😋