BeatMaker 3.0.13 update is now LIVE!

edited October 2019 in General

Great news. This current beta round has just ended, and the lastest update to BeatMaker 3 (version 3.0.13) is currently making its way to appstores around the world.

I shall post the ‘official’ changelog here once that process completes.

Comments

• Update is live!!!

• Just got it! Still at work, can’t wait to try it out!

• Congrats to the Intua team. Downloaded and did some testing. MIDI Sync IN working great here. I’m so excited to have BM3 working with the rest of my studio now.

Cheers

• edited October 2019

Fantastic! My biggest wishes was stability and midi clock. So the clock is fantastic news and I'm going to test it thoroughly in my setup tomorrow.
    I really like the small things like settings moved to the sidebar and the orange icon backgrounds etc. Small details that helps on the workflow.

• Omg! It happened. That should give next chance to BM3.
    Thank you very much!

• Kinda pissed that the Apple Watch version didn’t get released. Any news on the timeline on that one?

• @number37 said:
    Kinda pissed that the Apple Watch version didn’t get released. Any news on the timeline on that one?

Yeah it's gonna get released tomorrow. Just wait for it.

• The (iPad) update is looking very, very good so far. 👍😎👏

• edited October 2019

Humm ... strange problem with RedShrike. I have a project one track Fractal Bits, one track BASSalicious 2, and one track RedShrike.

When BM3 transport is stopped, I can play RedShrike fine. When the transport is running, notes are cut off after a few milliseconds.

I thought I’d check if it’s only me before diving into a bunch of troubleshooting.

[edit] the problem happens with the other iceGear synths I have as well. I’ve done a hard reboot, tried reinstalling RedShrike, changed buffer settings, made a fresh project with no other synths banks or patterns, and several other things. The problem doesn’t happen in other hosts, and is only with iceGear synths in BM3.

Oh. IOS 12.3.1, iPad Air 2. I can’t update to iOS 13 yet.

• edited October 2019

Please feel free to move this post if it isn’t in a good place for reporting / exploring issues.

• Unfortunately I have to redownload all the sound packs from the store. Here goes to bm3 being down for about a week maybe two due file importing never ending cycle.

Will this ever get fixed?

• edited October 2019

@stormywaterz said:
    Unfortunately I have to redownload all the sound packs from the store. Here goes to bm3 being down for about a week maybe two due file importing never ending cycle.

Will this ever get fixed?

Why do you have to do that? I have a large library and don’t have this issue.

• edited October 2019

@number37 said:
    Humm ... strange problem with RedShrike. I have a project one track Fractal Bits, one track BASSalicious 2, and one track RedShrike.

When BM3 transport is stopped, I can play RedShrike fine. When the transport is running, notes are cut off after a few milliseconds.

I thought I’d check if it’s only me before diving into a bunch of troubleshooting.

[edit] the problem happens with the other iceGear synths I have as well. I’ve done a hard reboot, tried reinstalling RedShrike, changed buffer settings, made a fresh project with no other synths banks or patterns, and several other things. The problem doesn’t happen in other hosts, and is only with iceGear synths in BM3.

Confirmed by another user and a BM3 beta tester over on the Audiobus forum.

[edit] I’ve checked with a Audioveek’s Midi Monitor plugin, and BM3 is sending the Note ON / Note OFF when it should whether the transport is running or not, so looks likely the problem is with iceGear. I’ve reported it to their support email.

• @stormywaterz I didn't have to re-download anything either.Not sure what that's about

• @number37 said:

I have problems with the BM3 midi sync and Beatstep pro a well. The first time I start things it works
    fine but once I stop playback on my BS Pro and restart after a couple of times things get really sideways,
    Pads do not respond anymore etc. I did some tests and it seems BM3 specific. My BS Pro works fine
    in Ableton with Mac.

• Had my first ‘crash’ on the new version last night - I didn’t have analytics on so I don’t think I generated a report (switched on now).

Essentially I was probably over doing it with numbers of AUv3 instruments or something (it wasn’t excessive)... everything locked up and it looked like a crash ie BM3 disappeared off the screen .....but then I noticed it restarted in the background.....When I then went to play the session the audio was all static and I noticed the cpu meter Bobbing up and down to 101%. At that point I quit the app.

Hopefully I’ll get a report for next time.

• Excellent stuff. Is there a list of what is in the update?

• edited October 2019

@The_Bro said:
    Excellent stuff. Is there a list of what is in the update?

It's in the release notes on the app store.

Apologies, with all the excitement I forgot to post it here on the forum.

• Adding MIDI Sync in/out (clock, start/stop messages, etc…)
    • Adding Ableton Link start/stop
    • Adding MIDI Export for project, individual track, individual pattern.
    • Adding option to stop the audio processing when the app is in the background
    • Adding easier access to settings & saving last visited settings page.
    • Fixing Audio recovery when interrupted by other app (FaceTime, etc..)
    • Fixing MIDI Import now imports all MIDI data (Control changes, After touch, etc…)
    • Fixing audio track monitoring while recording
    • Fixing external MIDI controller event reception
    • Fixing MIDI Input channel selection not saved
    • Fixing create pattern from slices issue
    • Fixing issue when undoing a recording
    • Various fixes & improvements related to iOS13.
    • Adding MIDI Export for project, individual track, individual pattern.

This is the big one for me, as I have not encountered bugs or instability in my use case with BM3 prior to the update.

A question about MIDI export: the release notes suggest that the user has control over the export process, just like for audio export ("project, indiv. track, indiv. pattern" -> should be "project, bank, pad?"). When I tested the export on a project, it worked great, but there was no dialog for the user to select e.g. particular banks or pads within banks that one wants to export. For anyone on the beta team, I wonder are there plans to refine the midi export, which is super useful for a workflow where you are transferring the project to another daw or desktop (as in my case) at some point of the creation of the track.

• @KraftC said:

@number37 said:

I have problems with the BM3 midi sync and Beatstep pro a well. The first time I start things it works
    fine but once I stop playback on my BS Pro and restart after a couple of times things get really sideways,
    Pads do not respond anymore etc. I did some tests and it seems BM3 specific. My BS Pro works fine
    in Ableton with Mac.

I'm waiting for @DeanDaughters to check this out as i don't have a Beatstep pro. If I remember correctly I think he might have one. Or maybe someone else in the beta has it. Either way it was mentioned.

• Nope, sorry - I do not have a Beatstep Pro.
    Quite a lot of GAS for the Keystep, but don't have either, Sorry!
    😀 👊

• @DeanDaughters said:
    Nope, sorry - I do not have a Beatstep Pro.
    Quite a lot of GAS for the Keystep, but don't have either, Sorry!
    😀 👊

Ahhh ok. You have so many gears that I'm dreaming you have stuff that you don't :D

• Having the monitoring when recording is worth the wait alone.

• @number37 said:

@number37 said:

Confirmed by another user and a BM3 beta tester over on the Audiobus forum.

[edit] I’ve checked with a Audioveek’s Midi Monitor plugin, and BM3 is sending the Note ON / Note OFF when it should whether the transport is running or not, so looks likely the problem is with iceGear. I’ve reported it to their support email.

iceGear has updated all their apps today, and this problem is now resolved. B)