AUfx (Effectrix) midi question - Video

Can we send separate midi to AUfx?

Comments

• @Audiogus said:

Interesting. I don't have effectrix maybe I should purchase and try it out and see.

• Midi-routing similar to apeMatrix or AUM in BM3 would be a blessing to all :)

• @hansjbs said:

@Audiogus said:

Interesting. I don't have effectrix maybe I should purchase and try it out and see.

You could try with Turnado if you have it.

In NS2 I can send notes to Turnado for setting the level of the eight dials.

• @samu said:
    Midi-routing similar to apeMatrix or AUM in BM3 would be a blessing to all :)

Indeed that would be nice. A potentially easier solution could be that only notes from Pad 1 are sent to the AUfx.

• I've not tried if it makes any difference yet if the AUv3 mFX is at the 'pad level' rather than on the 'bank level'?!
    At 'pad level' it should only receive from the pad it's hosted on.

But that still doesn't solve the routing issues, what is desired here is to be able to route 'anything' to 'anywhere'.
    (For example Pad 1 in Bank A gets sent to Pad 2's AUv3 mFX in Bank B or in other works the AUv3 mFX on Pad 2 in Bank B listens to Pad 1 in Bank A).

So all senders and receivers on a matrix similar to apeMatrix or AUM is what would take BM3 to another level.

I do feel that BM3 engine is capable of this kind of routing but the UI is missing.

• This routing issue is also relevant to my question regarding the use of FAC Envolver in BM3, which is an audio fx that needs to send its generated midi to some other pad (in one use case). For instance, letting a drum track envelope control the cutoff frequency of a filter on a drone sample on a different pad.

Such routings are possible in AUM. I guess not in BM3 (?). Perhaps they will be in a future update, but it might also be the case that BM3 does not want to go in this direction (in which case AUM and similar hosts are used for flexible experiments, whereas BM3, Cubasis etc. are used for simpler setups). I hope BM3 is aiming for flexible routing in a future update.

• edited October 2019

@samu said:
    I've not tried if it makes any difference yet if the AUv3 mFX is at the 'pad level' rather than on the 'bank level'?!

>

When you say AUv3mFX is that referring to midi fx? If so Effectrix is just an AU audio effect that can recieve midi notes, just to be clear.

• edited October 2019

@Audiogus said:

When you say AUv3mFX is that referring to midi fx? If so Effectrix is just an AU audio effect that can recieve midi notes, just to be clear.

I'm reffering to AUv3 effects that can receive midi and those tagged as 'Music Effect'(AUM shows this tag it's in parenthesis under the effect name).

The Music Effect can receive midi notes while the other can not, it can still be automated.

• @samu said:

@Audiogus said:

I'm reffering to AUv3 effects that can receive midi and those tagged as 'Music Effect'(AUM shows this tag it's in parenthesis under the effect name).

The Music Effect can receive midi notes while the other can not, it can still be automated.

Ahh gotcha. Yah only the ones with ‘midi’ in the name can receive notes in BM3.