Randomly getting no sound after opening a project

IDK what’s causing this, hadn’t seen this until after the update. Sometimes i’ll open a project & get no audio output. Nothing is muted. After I close & open a few times i’ll get audio again. Think it may be a conflict with Safari. Anyone else has this issue?

Comments

• If you hit play before plugins have finished loading it's possible to get BM3 stuck in 'loading limbo' which can result in silent (or glitched) playback.

When loading a project I always give BM3 about 5-6 seconds to load all plugins instances before I first hit play. That's probably more than it needs, but it's a good habit nonetheless.

• edited November 2019

@cthulufunk said:
    IDK what’s causing this, hadn’t seen this until after the update. Sometimes i’ll open a project & get no audio output. Nothing is muted. After I close & open a few times i’ll get audio again. Think it may be a conflict with Safari. Anyone else has this issue?

I have only had this happen a two-three times for me on iPadOS but had not pinpointed where exactly the issue was coming from. It has done so without plugins but not in a very long time. If you think you can re-create it, get back with us maybe with some exact steps? Sure would appreciate it, thanks!

• Thanks folx!

• I think it’s a chorus plugin I’m using called DLYM. Seems to be projects containing it & sometimes I get “DLYM has crashed” message.

• @StudioES said:
    I'm probably in the minority here, and am not a developer, but the plugins that have given me the most trouble are the JUCE-based apps - at least that's the only common denominator that I've found so far. Multiple-instantiations are especially problematic with these, in my experience.

Apps using JUCE: K7d, DLYM, Beatformer, Svep, many Audio Damage & Klevgränd...They seem to have various issues in all AU hosts under iOS 11+12.
    Are they fixed under iPadOS beta 13.1? No, they appear to behave worse in 13.2.
    RAM limit per AUv3 may be higher in iPadOS beta 13.1? Sure, but that doesn't seem to help these particular apps. Plus memory-management stinks in 13.2.
    Scroll down: http://atastypixel.com/blog/four-common-mistakes-in-audio-development/

• Yeah. We are prob screwed until Apple comes back with new 13. This sucks bad. Logic Pro x on Mac looking appealing. The touch pads for drums even the hi hat roll pad? Too dope. Need.