BM3 Templates (New!)

1234568»

Comments

• This is looking really cool. Adding the Beatstep Pro to the midi templates would be amazing.
    I've always wanted more of a "groovebox" / performance step sequencer in BM3. Right now
    it's more in a production way. I have been using BM3 as a live instrument for years now so
    a more live "instrument" approach would be great.

• @KraftC said:
    This is looking really cool. Adding the Beatstep Pro to the midi templates would be amazing.
    I've always wanted more of a "groovebox" / performance step sequencer in BM3. Right now
    it's more in a production way. I have been using BM3 as a live instrument for years now so
    a more live "instrument" approach would be great.

Thanks! The BM3 Step Sequencer template is practically finished. Just tidying up. Somewhat experimental and unique but fully functioning. Downloads should be up this week. I'll try to get some instruction either manual or videos as well.

• 10/28/19 UPDATE:

• Step-Sequencers are now available to download!
    • Fractal Bits Machine is now available to download!
    • MPK mini MK2 (editor presets only) now available for download!

See top thread.

• @mefisme said:
    10/28/19 UPDATE:

• Step-Sequencers are now available to download!
    • Fractal Bits Machine is now available to download!
    • MPK mini MK2 (editor presets only) now available for download!

See top thread.

Impressive. Doing an extensive testing session tomorrow! Big thanks @mefisme !

• @KraftC not sure which you plan on testing, but i've updated the top thread with this wonderful person's upload of default presets for the MPK mini MK2 in case anyone needs them.

https://growthisdotblog.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/mpk_mini_mkii_defaultpresets.zip

• edited November 2019

11/1/19 UPDATE:
    Hope you all had a Happy Halloween! Exciting times ahead especially with the new Beatmaker 3 update! Hope you all are enjoying it so far! Addressing some things...

• APC40 v1.3 is finally available to download! Download link and version notes added to top thread.
    • ATTN APC40 MK2 USERS: You need to try this template to see if it works. I’ve gone over the communications protocol for the MK2 and I am not seeing whether the clip launch section produces the same note values as the MK1. I do know some of your controls will not be mapped when you re-assign this to your controller with any provided focus action. But it should work now! Don’t have one and can’t test. Help me out if you can!
    • Installation and Demo videos are coming. I’ve made this very easy to setup, but if you need help initializing your controller with the templates or focus actions just let me know. It’s really as simple as this:

1. Import the template zip to wherever you want it. Sessions? Move the Focus Actions Templates.zip to root directory and unzip. It will not overwrite any other focus actions you might have.
      2. Plug up the controller.
      3. Load a focus action and re-assign to yours. Might be good to resave this Focus Action Template so you don’t have to do this every time.
      4. You may have to force reload BM3 at this point. I forget if the controller is immediately recognized after a re-assignment.
      5. Load the template.
      6. Set Midi Setup on each bank to your APC40 for MIDI IN/MIDI OUT. Save the template. You only have to do this once!
      7. Enjoy! (Don’t forget to choose Save As and rename your own projects!)

This is my final design. I’m done with the APC40 MK1 template building. It’s been a good two years building this thing for you all. I hope you all enjoy it because this controller is seriously a workhorse. Especially now with the latest update! The very fact that it was originally intended only for Ableton Live and being able to do this all on an iPad has blown me away. You all can now expect videos from me showing it off (if all goes well in life!)

Much thanks to the Intua team either now or past, and the following people who I have either learned so much from or have helped me out:
    @vincent @mathieugarcia @winconway @tk32 @ronji @hansjbs @GusGranite @StudioES @DeanDaughters. Thank you all and to anyone I may have forgot!

Peace out!

-Matt the iJammist (mefisme)

• edited November 2019

11/3/19 UPDATE:

-MPK mini template is now available for download in top thread. Sorry for the delay! Again, you don’t have to use my template if you don’t want to. If you’ve installed the BM3_2OVER4 editor presets only, your MPK mini is much more useful now on iDevices. Thanks to @samu for the joystick tip!

-Added Miscellaneous Utilities section to bottom of top thread’s post. Same empty.wav file you’ve been hearing about for two years is available as a seperate download. Use this for all sorts of stuff. Smallest file size possible. Only 45 bytes!

-I’ve made a focus action that allows Beatmaker 3 to control itself. You can use this while Beatmaker 3 is offscreen with other standalone MIDI apps/hosts/plugins. Primarily, this is how I bypass MIDIFX recording limitations. Download is currently unavailable, but I’m looking for anyone who wants to test it. We’ve already confirmed it does work, just haven’t tested enough apps. If your interested, PM me or make the focus action yourself in a compatible app.

• edited November 2019

Thanks @WillieNegus ! That means a lot. At least templates give a pretty good idea to how something could work if fully setup. It’s been a long road, but glad to be finished with those. Hey, you liking the launchpad series?

Also, I’ve attached a small poll at the top thread of things I might work on. I’d love to get some votes on what should come next. If you vote other, please post a comment letting me know what the ‘Other’ is.

• @mefisme First of all, thank you for all the hard work you've done so far. Really appreciate that! So, I'm a apc40 mk2 owner. And I cant get it work correctly. I think the main problem is that all the pads send notes on channel 1. I may be wrong, but mk1 pads send notes on different channels (depending on the row). I can provide you with more details if needed

• edited February 2020

A Launchpad mini/X/Pro MK3 template would be AWESOME!!! Just saw the thread for the first time! YESSS!

I can test the LPX and the LPP, got both :-)

Btw.: The LPX already supports legacy mode, open for modding, map any button etc.

Has anyone the AUM file the creator mentions?

Cheers,

Joe :-)

• Sorry if i'm necroing this thread, everyone 😂
    But does anyone have the BM3 > BM3 focus actions?
    Was trying to route some Midi FX internally, to no success 🤔