BM3 and BitWig Studio

So yeah, this is now gonna happen:

So far it’s working great...BeatMaker 3 is serving as a great controller for laying down sequences in BitWig.

Here's what I have so far:

Comments

• Man you’re going nuts with this!!!! Dope vibe from the track

• edited November 2019

@hansjbs said:
    Man you’re going nuts with this!!!! Dope vibe from the track

Many thanks!

Had a chance to flesh it out a lot more:

This is a great workflow for anyone looking to have a more tactile and direct way to sequence BitWig or Ableton Live with their iPad and macOS setup.

I'm trying to figure out a way to do this with a PC in the mix. I have an old Sony Vaio Canvas Z tablet that is a great audio workstation...and I'll report my findings here whenever i figure something out.

Right now I'm looking into loopMIDI and rtpMIDI, but can't seem to get it to work correctly.

• Here’s a mostly sample slices+ sugar bytes synth groove from Friday night:

• @echoopera said:

@hansjbs said:

Many thanks!

This is a great workflow for anyone looking to have a more tactile and direct way to sequence BitWig or Ableton Live with their iPad and macOS setup.

I'm trying to figure out a way to do this with a PC in the mix. I have an old Sony Vaio Canvas Z tablet that is a great audio workstation...and I'll report my findings here whenever i figure something out.

Right now I'm looking into loopMIDI and rtpMIDI, but can't seem to get it to work correctly.

Cool. Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of the stuff on YouTube that people have been putting together with the Elektron Digi* boxes. This very much reminds me of that sort of ambient vibe and timbre. — without having to drop another $750 on new hardware.

• @Roboprog said:

@echoopera said:

@hansjbs said:

Many thanks!

Cool. Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of the stuff on YouTube that people have been putting together with the Elektron Digi* boxes. This very much reminds me of that sort of ambient vibe and timbre. — without having to drop another $750 on new hardware.

Thanks. I know exactly what you mean and honestly those type of videos inspire me as well.

• Had some free time this weekend. Decided to add some Thomas Merton to the signal path: