Should I update my iOS?

edited November 2019 in Compatibility

I’m still on 12.3.1 and I’m thinking about updating to 13.2.2....is there any reason I shouldn’t? Pretty stoked about the external storage. Advice please??

Comments

• edited November 2019

As far as I know, the only big issues are with KORG Bluetooth controllers such as the NanoKEY Studio (won't pair if not already paired before the update), and some Line6 devices (no audio).

External storage is a bit of a disappointment so far since the files app is so bad, but worth upgrading for I suppose.

• There are a few graphical anomalies as well. For example, the iOS recording mic symbol gets centered over the metronome control very often in BM3.

• @number37 said:
    As far as I know, the only big issues are with KORG Bluetooth controllers such as the NanoKEY Studio (won't pair if not already paired before the update), and some Line6 devices (no audio).

External storage is a bit of a disappointment so far since the files app is so bad, but worth upgrading for I suppose.

I was hoping the Korg thing was fixed because I have a nanokey studio but I haven’t used it in a while. Maybe I will make sure it’s synced up first. Anyone know what’s causing that?

• edited November 2019

@selfinflict3 said:

@number37 said:

I was hoping the Korg thing was fixed because I have a nanokey studio but I haven’t used it in a while. Maybe I will make sure it’s synced up first. Anyone know what’s causing that?

Korg and Apple almost certainly know, but seem to have no urgency about fixing it.

My guess? Apple closed a loophole in BT pairing security and Korg had been using the loophole. If the fix needs to come from the Korg side, then they can only do that by issuing a firmware update. They are a Japanese company and have strict quality control processes to go through for something like a firmware update. Which is a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it.

But ... that's just my guess based on my business background.

• edited November 2019

I guess I could use the controller wired. That’s the only problem with iOS is you just never know what will not work in the future. Lol. Remember the mpcfly? That shit didnt last long at all, they were out dated when they finally came out..

• I'm in the same boat @selfinflict3 ...holding off on 13 for a bit longer. Actually have a nanokey2 [not sure if affected] but since there are still some rumblings of some useful apps having issues i'll prob give it until the next point update.