Midi tune revision

Hi everyone,

It’s a little confusing when it comes to the tune of a sample or midi note. Sometimes after I change the tune of a sample on a pad in sample page, the tune of that sample which already created in the sequencer follows. But sometimes it doesn’t! What’s the logic or the key factor of it?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• edited January 2020

Besides, what’s the logic between the key adjustment in pad page and sequencer page? For example, how will a midi note in sequencer react after I adjust the key on a pad?

• This is a tricky thing to explain in text, but I'll give it a try...

When you load a sample into BM3 there are 4 different settings you can set which affect it's tuning and how it responds to different notes on the keyboard.

1. The sample's root note (on the Sampler and/or Mapping tab)
    2. The sample's key range (on the Mapping tab)
    3. The sample's Manual tuning (using the Tune and Finetune dials)
    4. The amount different midi notes affect the sample's tuning (using the Modulation tab)

By default, when you load a sample it's root note is C3, it's key range is the maximum range (something like C0-C8), the Tune and Finetune dials are set to 0, and the midi note affects the tuning of the sample 100%. With these settings, assuming your sample is in tune with C3 when you load it (or an octave higher/lower) you will be perfectly in tune.

In most cases, when you load a sample that is not tuned to C3, all you need to do is either tweak the Tune and Finetune dials until it matches the note C (you can use a synth on a separate bank as a reference for C) or else you can change the root note to match what the sample is tuned to (for example, a piano sample that you know to be D#).

...told you this wasn't easy to explain in text :)

Hope this helps a little. If you have any questions, fire them back :+1: