Cut out the sampler+pads section and make it into an AU

The sampler on beatmaker 3 is by far and away the best sampler on iOS. I think being able to load just this part as an AU would be an absolute smash hit even as a separate paid app. All of the stuff is already there, Im not sure how much of a task it would be to convert it to AU but loading multiple instances up in AUM would remove all the headache of the BM3 interface that people complain about.

Comments

• Why do you think that AUM is suitable for all?
    I love the BM3 interface, People complain because they want something another, not BM3.
    p.s.
    If you remember, Frankenstein was an awesome startup but ended badly. Why repeat the mistakes? :)

• JDBJDB
    edited January 2020

@roman_che said:
    Why do you think that AUM is suitable for all?
    I love the BM3 interface, People complain because they want something another, not BM3.
    p.s.
    If you remember, Frankenstein was an awesome startup but ended badly. Why repeat the mistakes? :)

I never said it was for literally everyone, a ton of people love beatmakers sampler but hate the app as a whole. Just saying, it’s already there and could be a successful app in its own right. No shit people who criticise the app want something else, that’s why they criticise it? It’s easier to ask for a minor modification than try and get someone to create a whole app. This request wouldn’t even make a difference to the app so, kindly, 🤫

• @JDB said:
    I never said it was for literally everyone, a ton of people love beatmakers sampler but hate the app as a whole. Just saying, it’s already there and could be a successful app in its own right. No shit people who criticise the app want something else, that’s why they criticise it? It’s easier to ask for a minor modification than try and get someone to create a whole app. This request wouldn’t even make a difference to the app so, kindly, 🤫

Ok. You said “AUM would remove all headache”. I just don’t agree. This is all. AUM has no AUv3 automation, but BM3 does. I just found your argument weird. AUM is good, but it needs a lot of instruments, sequencers. But .. ok. 😂

• Lots of people would go for that one. I hear this desire all the time. I would buy it in a second.
    Not gonna happen though.

• 1000 recs for this idea. By far the best sampler in iOS land.

• You guys do understand that doing this is bad business. Why would Intua want to cannibalize the sales of BM3 by creating an AU version of the sampler?
    Better luck looking elsewhere or ask another developer to create one similar to it.

• Yep. Like I said, not gonna happen.
    But it would be nice.

• edited February 2020

Sometimes "gateway" apps that are limited versions of other apps, intended to entice buyers toward the bigger app is a valid strategy. Think GarageBand > Logic, FL Studio Mobile > FL Studio Desktop, etc. are a successful strategy.

Some might see it as a sales enhancer rather than cannibalizer. I don't think I'm among those though.

• JDBJDB
    edited February 2020

@hansjbs said:
    You guys do understand that doing this is bad business. Why would Intua want to cannibalize the sales of BM3 by creating an AU version of the sampler?
    Better luck looking elsewhere or ask another developer to create one similar to it.

Separating the wheat from the chaff isn’t bad business, sunk cost fallacy. take the good, focus on it and drop the bad. Prosper. I’d legitimately pay the same again if they released the sampler as an AU and I already paid full price. See: the minilogue being released as a module with no keys at a higher price than the minikey version. Could even split the sequencer into its own AU too using the same code and assets from the sampler pads

• edited February 2020

@JDB said:

@hansjbs said:
    You guys do understand that doing this is bad business. Why would Intua want to cannibalize the sales of BM3 by creating an AU version of the sampler?

Separating the wheat from the chaff isn’t bad business, sunk cost fallacy. take the good, focus on it and drop the bad. Prosper. I’d legitimately pay the same again if they released the sampler as an AU and I already paid full price. See: the minilogue being released as a module with no keys at a higher price than the minikey version. Could even split the sequencer into its own AU too using the same code and assets from the sampler pads

BM3 in my opinion with it's quirks works well. A new app or searching for a similar app is the best option. Separating it, looking at it from a code/software point of view would be a disaster. I don't think each section was written separately more like a whole.

• Hiya,

I haven't been here for awhile.

I also gave some thought to BM3 being an Auv3.

No.

Improve the editing, fix the bugs.

Chopping BM3 into sections is definitely not a good idea.

Peace.