Sends Only

In BM3, how can I accomplish hearing sends while not hearing the source track. I wan to punish a few groups to a filter without hearing the unfiltered tracks.

Comments

• edited February 2020

The proper way to do it is set the source bank to "pre-fader send mode", then drop those faders to 0. You'll still hear the sends on the AUX channel because the sends happen before they reach the channel fader.

This technique is also a good way to create mix bus groups say, for example, if you want to route multiple drum tracks into a single compressor and effects chain on AUX1.

Here's an old video I made showing how it's done (the pre-fader send toggle is on the bottom row of the mixer screen).
    Apologies there is no voice-over

...and sorry for not lowering the AUX1 fader before increasing both sends to 100%!! Hope I don't blow your eardrums :)

• ..if only there was something on hand to reference all this info, maybe a book even ... a guide for BM3 users.

hmmph, shame no one released this yet.

.. and they say valentines season is THE great book releasing market, too ..

• Thanks @TK32, that’ll work!

• @BitterGums I hear ya, but it might be too early for a book as things may change drastically (for the better) in the next major release.

• @tk32 said:
    The proper way to do it is set the source bank to "pre-fader send mode", then drop those faders to 0. You'll still hear the sends on the AUX channel because the sends happen before they reach the channel fader.

This technique is also a good way to create mix bus groups say, for example, if you want to route multiple drum tracks into a single compressor and effects chain on AUX1.

Here's an old video I made showing how it's done (the pre-fader send toggle is on the bottom row of the mixer screen).
    Apologies there is no voice-over

...and sorry for not lowering the AUX1 fader before increasing both sends to 100%!! Hope I don't blow your eardrums :)

Cooooool! This is what I need. Pre-faders!!!
    p.s. @tk32 do you know what? I don't want to repeat some words. But you know what I mean in cases like this one :#