AUV3 effects by audio damage Inc slowing/ crashing the app

So I have noticed once I get up around 4 or more audio tracks with 3 or more AUV3 effects attached (specifically by Audio damage inc.) I now can barely play a song or click on any button in the whole app. Seems fine I’m new projects with not tracks or effects, but once I start stacking up effects it is toast! Before, it was a bit slow in how the eq would show sounds but now since the newest Apple IOS update, it is far worse. Once I go In and try to run a song with effects it will basically tank the whole iPad for a while. If I close out, all other apps will be a disaster for a while. I now almost have to stop using effects and just work on bare bones tracks until time of export if it will even let me do so. Seems like songs with the BeatMaker effects run fine. It hates the AUV3 and I need them badly! I can add effects at the end, which is the proper way to produce anyway. But I want to option to work. I can deal with slowness a bit, but non functional will not work. I would rather stay mobile than switch to a desktop daw. Please help me! AUV3 is the future!

Comments

• I appreciate the insight! I see They I can Downgrade to ios12 but the new beat that I made today will be gone. I’m either not using the plugins or just working on bare bones sounds and then dumping tracks to another DAW or totally leaving mobile DAW for good. Just got a new Mac and could run whatever on it. I love the touch screen shit though! It’s rad. Sounds great too. So I’m pretty much screwed with 13.1 huh? And BeatMaker?

• Most the AD plugs are JUCE code-based apps no? Could that be causing the issues?

@StudioES said:
    I'm probably in the minority here, and am not a developer, but the plugins that have given me the most trouble are the JUCE-based apps - at least that's the only common denominator that I've found so far. Multiple-instantiations are especially problematic with these, in my experience.

Apps using JUCE: K7d, DLYM, Beatformer, Svep, many Audio Damage & Klevgränd...They seem to have various issues in all AU hosts under iOS 11+12.
    Are they fixed under iPadOS beta 13.1? No, they appear to behave worse in 13.2.
    RAM limit per AUv3 may be higher in iPadOS beta 13.1? Sure, but that doesn't seem to help these particular apps. Plus memory-management stinks in 13.2.
    Scroll down: http://atastypixel.com/blog/four-common-mistakes-in-audio-development/

https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/post/quote/7778/Comment_43801

• Think I’m going to start dumping my bare tracks with no effects into Logic Pro x from the iPad and just clean up in and mix in there. There is bound to be way more plug in action there. Maybe there will be a way to use the drum pads and hit hat pads on my Mac using the iPad. Guess I will Find out. I’m starting to grow out of the options for mobile plug-ins. It’s surely limited. OR I’m just not hip to hats out there. BeatMaker is my ish. I like To keep things in one place as much as I can. Funny tho, today I chose Certain audio damage AUV3 and they are working fine on 4 separate tracks. It seems like rough rider is the culprit.

• Dude SO SICK. I’m good. Time to learn a new DAW! And drop 200 more dollars. Lol. Priceless when you nail a project so hard tho. I use splice samples and bust them up into the key pad in BM3 and it’s my fav shit. Hate to eliminate BM3, is super dope. Thanks a lot let me know if you hear anything surrounding the bug fix. I’ll keep looking for updates

• You see that there is an update for iOS? 13.3? You thinking it will be worse or will it help? Scared to see lol

• Looks like side car on the new Catalina os will allow me to run BM3 as a controller direct into in Lpx. Sounds super crazy! Can’t wait.

• This is still a disaster. Beat maker won’t work at all with any of the AUV3 effects.

• So glad I’m still on iOS 12.4, Audio Damage AUv3 effects work great. I really hate how Apple manages to screwup audio apps so bad with each update.

• Audio damage issues are mostly related to audio damage and not bm3
    They have same issues with other daws
    Biggest issue starts when you're trying to use more than one instance of the auv3
    Send a mail to the audiodamage dev, maybe he could assist and finally fix it

• Any news or updates? I’ve been just working around this issue and still rocking out hard beats. It just sucks. I never reached out to auidodamage though. Going to now