Tip for killing IAA/AU zombies stuck in memory (iPads with Home button)

I don't know why I'm posting this, but anyways...

If your not sure if you have an IAA/AU app stuck in iPad memory and certain it isn't loaded as a plugin in any app (including BM3) or certain it is not running in the background (app switcher) you can easily clear memory from iPads with a home button.

Hold power, when power screen shows, hold home button. When your iPad returns to the homescreen the process is complete. This will flush your memory. 👍
Peace out!

Comments

• Yep. That is one of the most useful things there is in iOS music making. I do it as a matter of habit after every music session, and I’m convinced it’s a main reason I seem to experience so many fewer problems that others.

However, I’m concerned that this may no longer be working with iOS 13 / iPadOS. Now when you do that it pops up the passcode screen instead of returning to the home screen. I’m not sure if it’s still resetting the ram or not, but I’m suspicious because I’ve had a few times when the battery reduced drastically even though I did this and my device was idle.

• I just signed up here purely to say thank you for this post @mefisme

• @mefisme thanks!
    For the iPas Pro 3rd gen the sequence is bit different:
    1. Press the “Volume Down” button
    2. After the step one, fast press and hold “Volume Up”, and “Power” together for 3 seconds
    3. Screen will shows the “Power Off” slider and the “Cancel” button with cross.
    4. You need to press this cross button.
    5. iPad will ask you for pin. Enter it.

Hope it helps.

This screen shows why we need to clear memory sometimes:
    I started NanoStudio for 1 minute, not more. It still in memory for 21 h.

I got this step from guys on the BM3 discord channel.

• @roman_che said:
    @mefisme thanks!
    2. After the step one, fast press and hold “Volume Up”, and “Power” together for 3 seconds

Hope it helps.

@roman_che said:
    @mefisme thanks!

Hope it helps.

Hi @roman_che ,
    What’s the app that gives you the status on the screenshot?. Looks useful to see what’s actually going on.
    Thanks,

• edited March 2020

Hi, @tahiche. It is the System “Battery” utility. It shows the Battery usage
    But it is not “real time”.

• Didn’t know that. Thanks!