Akai MPD218 Qlinks

Hi all.

I’m having a problem mapping my MPD qlinks to BM3 Macros. The mapping section in BM3 says that the qlinks are mapped to it but it does not control the macros. Does anybody know how I can fix this?

Tagged:

Comments

• I believe you need to use Midi Focus Actions to map the Q-Link knobs to BM3 Macros. (?)
    And the Macros only work for the Bank Preset that is on the screen. (?)

• @Sequencer1 said:
    I believe you need to use Midi Focus Actions to map the Q-Link knobs to BM3 Macros. (?)
    And the Macros only work for the Bank Preset that is on the screen. (?)

Yes I mapped it using focus action. It says it is mapped but it is not controlling the macros.

• Turn on Omni midi in settings.

Hopefully you didn't modify any of the bank's midi input settings when you were trying to get this working. If so, you may also need to reset these.

• @tk32 said:
    Turn on Omni midi in settings.

Hopefully you didn't modify any of the bank's midi input settings when you were trying to get this working. If so, you may also need to reset these.

Yes. Omni MIDI has been on. Thank you

• I think you need to turn Midi Omni off? Otherwise the MPD's pads will trigger only the currently selected BM3 pad, chromatically. (?)

Make sure Midi Channel is 1, and Bank Midi Mode is Single Channel, and that the MPD Midi Device Input is On in BM3 settings.

• edited April 2020

Thanks fellas. I got it to work. Think a couple of the problems I had last night is working now after I reset my iPad. The only problem now is the muffled audio.

Is there a way to keep all the midi macro settings on all tracks/banks? For example, I want to use the macros to control track mixing levels, pan, send 1 and send 2.

So I want the macros to be mapped out that way every time for every new track I add. Is there a way to set that up?

• Have you tried saving Midi Focus Action templates?

• Yes I have my mpd saved. I’m talking about settings within bm3. I want macros to be automatically mapped to the mixer in bm3. Macro 1 to control volume level, mac 2 controls panning etc etc.

Every time I start a new track, I want the macros to automatically control the mixer of each track I add.

Hope I explained that right.