BeatMaker 3 update

123457»

Comments

• Link to release notes? Thanks.

P.S. - I write software for a living, so I appreciate the level of effort and aggreivation that goes into a project like this :-)

(don't feed the trolls)

• OK, I spoke too soon: the release notes are simply in the app store version history.

Assuming everything works as intended, I note 2 features that I'm really digging: MIDI clock out; the ability to monitor audio in while recording. I like to use BM3 for an AU host for synths and effects, as well as for backing track stuff with external gear, and these changes should help a lot (I doubt I will ever try to figure out the pattern sequencer on my Juno DS - too cryptic and too limited). Thanks!

• The midi in/out and sync options are much appreciated! I had to do a little tweaking to find the right setting to make it work with Ableton, but I've accomplished what I really wanted: Using BeatMaker's awesome note repeat in Ableton! There's a few quirks, particularly with tempo settings (had to match them manually) and the 1/4th time division not locking time. I'm happy for the direction its going though. Progress is being made, and I may be able to ditch the Push 2 on the road.

Kudos

• Any further updates planned?

• @vincent said:
    Dear BeatMakers,
    We've been working on porting BeatMaker3 to other platforms as we continue to improve its core with your help.

Hi @vincent,

would like to know if there is something like a timeline for future updates/other platforms. Don’t get me wrong I’m very passionate about Beatmaker3 and see people jump ship due to ....like they say lack of updates or lack of informations or whatever. I would like to see BM3 shine and have a bright future because I still think it is the completest DAW on iPad OS and has the best sampler and a nice UI in my book of DAWs. Please keep the good work comin guys. Best regards, Sedat.

• Unfortunately, one of my favorite BM3 users who actually got me started in BM3 has jumped ship and now focuses on Cubasis 3. Is there any way to get Mathieu back in the mix? 😕🤔

• @dafingaz said:
    Unfortunately, one of my favorite BM3 users who actually got me started in BM3 has jumped ship and now focuses on Cubasis 3. Is there any way to get Mathieu back in the mix? 😕🤔

Are you referring to Mathieu Garcia?

• @philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:
    Unfortunately, one of my favorite BM3 users who actually got me started in BM3 has jumped ship and now focuses on Cubasis 3. Is there any way to get Mathieu back in the mix? 😕🤔

Possibly. Lol. He still with the team? Or was it someone else who is no longer with them?

• @dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

Possibly. Lol. He still with the team? Or was it someone else who is no longer with them?

Mathieu was one of the original BeatMaker series developers but he has stepped away as of last year, Vincent is running the show now. Here’s a little ancient history. https://cdm.link/2017/12/beatmaker-caught-ios-music-trend-even-started/

• @philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

Mathieu was one of the original BeatMaker series developers but he has stepped away as of last year, Vincent is running the show now. Here’s a little ancient history. https://cdm.link/2017/12/beatmaker-caught-ios-music-trend-even-started/

Yeah. Matthieu needs to come back.

• @dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

He’s pretty active on Twitter:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/mathieugarcia

• @philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

Cool. I’m following. Thanks!

• @dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

That’s not cool to say when Vincent is now probably a one man show. It’s been mentioned that MG is not coming back. Let’s all move on with this.

• I agree with @hansjbs

We're here because we're fans of BM3. It's not our place to comment or speculate about how Intua run their business.

• @hansjbs said:

@dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

That’s not cool to say when Vincent is now probably a one man show. It’s been mentioned that MG is not coming back. Let’s all move on with this.

Good point. Some of us are not aware of what or who is running the show.

I’m part of several communities and app developer sites that are open to suggestions for improvement. If this not one of those, please let me know.

Thanks again!

• @dafingaz said:

@hansjbs said:

@dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

I’m part of several communities and app developer sites that are open to suggestions for improvement. If this not one of those, please let me know.

Thanks again!

This forum is always open to suggestion. We just don't like to discuss Intua's business. Like TK mentioned we're big fns of the app and here to help the developer anyway we can with the app.

• @hansjbs said:

@dafingaz said:

@hansjbs said:

@dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

@philowerx said:

@dafingaz said:

Thanks again!

This forum is always open to suggestion. We just don't like to discuss Intua's business. Like TK mentioned we're big fns of the app and here to help the developer anyway we can with the app.

Sounds good to me! I’m anxiously awaiting some of those suggested changes. But...in all reality, I’ll probably still use BM3 if no changes are made ever again. At least for a long time. 😳😂😂🤣 🙌🏾

• Some sort of communication from Houston would be much appreciated, though.

• I mean I gave up months ago on this only to be quarantined and still nothing new ! Would have been the perfect time for an update !

I understand they may have things going on but from what I can date back to there has been no contact or even any dialogue on this for that matter.

You have a few youtubers who introduced it to me all turning to Cubasis bcos of the support and I’m getting worried that I might have to turn to that crusty daw as well pls help.

• edited April 2020

Yea, I feel y’all on this, nothing, no communication at all, nothing. I started using koala and it just dropped for android too, I’m loving it. It’s not as feature full as BM3 but it’s a lot of fun and gets updates.. I wish dude would come out with a bm3 update where you can store all its data on a SD card or externally to free up iPad storage... I’ve invested so much time into BM3 it makes me sad and worried to see it hanging in limbo like this, once M left updates and communication became pretty much nonexistent...

• Given the state of iOS world (and I suppose the new world at large) I am just happy if BM3 maintains for many years to come, gets iOS updates, continues to work with Files and Dropbox etc.

• edited April 2020

Agreed. And that seems the likely path, we will get an update or two a year from Vincent, but regular feedback on the forum remains a thing of the past. Lets hope it stays maintained through multiple iOS updates.

• edited April 2020

I’m always worrying we gonna get an iOS update that breaks bm3 and we have to wait almost a year for a fix,. Guess you can say I’m paranoid. Lol

• iOS/iPadOS updates have a tendency to break Bluetooth in apps. Most recently it was the OP-Z app. And Dropbox too.

• edited April 2020

@Audiogus said:
    Given the state of iOS world (and I suppose the new world at large) I am just happy if BM3 maintains for many years to come, gets iOS updates, continues to work with Files and Dropbox etc.

((Cough))

... err, OK there is one really crappy automation bug still that holds BM3 back for me. The old vertical squish of death where the parameter range spontaneously gets all messed up, breaking the automation of a particular parameter. This is the only thing that still keeps me somewhat walking on eggs shells when I use this. Aside from that it is feature complete for me.

For me it is kind of a race now between NS2 getting AUfx automation and audio tracks or BM3 fixing this bug.

• edited April 2020

I hear ya. Last night I did a simple Velocity fade out automation in a pattern at the end of a song and BM3 would only recognize it once every six times I played it. You can see the 'fade' it just doesn't play. I've had it happen before and i just don't know why automation is so problematic in BM3..or why it doesn't get addressed.