Is there a way to Sync BM3 to Ableton Live 10 that's better than Link

I think Link is okay but it has it's shortcomings. I want to use the Clock Out from BM3 to work with Live 10. Ideally I don't want to use any physical cables although I don't mind. By the way I have a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB which has both midi in and out. Thoughts. Cheers all.

Comments

• You could clock BM3 with Live, or possibly, vice versa, using Midi cables, your Focusrite, and another interface.

Mac:
    I don't have a Mac, but Apple has something called IDAM, which lets you connect your iPad to your Mac using only the Lightning-to-USB cable, and stream Midi and audio back and forth. I don't know if it will do what you're looking for.

Windows:
    Or you could download MidiMux on your iPad, and the server software to your computer, and connect the Lightning cable to a USB port on your computer, and stream Midi back and forth. There's another version called StudioMux which streams audio, in addition to Midi. I only recently started using MidiMux, I'll check to see how Midi Clock syncing works.

Though in my past experiences slaving a computer to another computer - it hasn't been rock-solid. Even just making the DAW the master, with hardware drum machines and sequencers following-along didn't have rock-solid timing. Only when I got an external master clock (hardware box), did things sync well, though that's overkill for what you're trying to do, and they're very expensive.

Oh, I just remembered, I believe BM3 has an issue when you try to enable recording while it is the Midi Clock slave. So BM3 would have to be the master. If my memory is correct, this isn't an issue when using Link.

• Thanks man. I'm going to try the usb powered hub plus midi to usb cable route plus CCK. 👍🏻😎