Moving Sessions

I’ve tried to search for my specific answer, but not really find what i”m looking for. So I have a bunch of sessions that I have created and mixed. I want to rename them, using the “save as” method and then organize those session in to folders. My question is wha it’s the best way to do this? Here is the way I think I should do it. Can someone tell me if it looks right.

1. Create a new folder or folders in the sessions folder, using the BM3 file system.
  2. Open a session and rename it using save as and move it to the folder. Also, if I do the copy samples and patterns or whatever when I’m renaming it will that mess anything up? I know there is some quirkiness to the way things get saved and what not in Bm3 and I’m just trying not to mess anything up.

Comments

• When saving new sessions, BM3 will always save them to the 'Sessions' folder, not a subfolder that you manually created. You can move the individual session's folder, but it'll result in many issues later.

You can rename the folder that the session lives in, but I wouldn't recommend it. That's because the session will have it's original name, and when you save it using the 'Save' button in the top-right, a new *.bm3 file with the folder's name is created and saved next to the original *.bm3 file. Or if you do a 'Save As', it'll be saved in the main 'Sessions' folder.

You should not rename the Session file (*.bm3) or any data in its subfolders. Doing so will corrupt the session and you won't be able to open them. And/or you'll get the 'Samples Missing' error.

My recommendation would be not to do any of the above, and name sessions like '000 Drum and Bass 01', etc.

• Best bet is to try with a test session that you don't mind may get corrupted.
    Don't forget where it lives, because you'll need to delete it since BM3 gets confused and subsequent sessions will likely have issues.

• @Sequencer1 said:
    Best bet is to try with a test session that you don't mind may get corrupted.
    Don't forget where it lives, because you'll need to delete it since BM3 gets confused and subsequent sessions will likely have issues.

Thanks! I just remembered the video about BM3 housekeeping and that really what I’m looking for, or partially what I’m looking for.