Lowest requirements for BM3

Hello all, I'm new in this forum. Tried to search a minimum spec requirements for using the BM3, found at the home site that it works with iOS 9.3+ and later. I have never had an Ipad nor anything of Apple products. I'm very interested in this app, but I'm having hard times with money, so it would be fantastic to find the cheapest way to work with this app. So my question is : what oldest Ipads do you use with BM3? Your answers will be very appreciated, please help me with some info that I could spend my last money for an app and compactible Ipad to work with. Thank you.

Comments

• This is not a definitive answer but I can tell you I have BM3 running on an iPad mini4 and it works very well. A lot depends on the kind of projects you create. You will encounter cpu overloads sooner the lower the hardware specs you try to use.

• @ampapps said:
    This is not a definitive answer but I can tell you I have BM3 running on an iPad mini4 and it works very well. A lot depends on the kind of projects you create. You will encounter cpu overloads sooner the lower the hardware specs you try to use.

Thank you.

• the base model $329 iPad 9.7" from 2017 works excellent with BM3. . it's probably available much cheaper now or can be found refurbished.

also run BM3 on iPad mini 2 .. it runs but not ideal. wouldn't recommend.

what's your price range for the iPad?

• edited May 2020

@BitterGums said:
    the base model $329 iPad 9.7" from 2017 works excellent with BM3. . it's probably available much cheaper now or can be found refurbished.

Thanks for your reply. You see I'm from Europe, where used, 20 year old Apple's production still costs half of our monthly wage :blush: Will try to find a mini 4.

• edited May 2020

@Triadman said:

@BitterGums said:
    the base model $329 iPad 9.7" from 2017 works excellent with BM3. . it's probably available much cheaper now or can be found refurbished.

Thanks for your reply. You see I'm from Europe, where used, 20 year old Apple's production still costs half of our monthly wage :blush: Will try to find a mini 4.

Where I live the base 2017 ipad (gen 5) is cheaper than a mini 4 and looking at the single core specs it is more powerful. https://browser.geekbench.com/ios-benchmarks

I have run BM3 on the 2017 base and it work pretty well.

• cheers @Audiogus ! great stats. and yeah, @Triadman when looking at these kinds of things, keep in mind, you generally want to pay more attention to single-core benchmarks as most music apps don't run multi-core.

• Thank y'all for the help.

• Will try to buy the Mini2, will share my experience.