Can somebody tell me how to make kick and 808 sound like the ones in the Gunna type beats ?

I have a lot of drumkits but I still can't make the 808's sound the same ...
An example of the 808 I want you can hear in youtube if you search for :

(FREE) Young Thug Type Beat "Digits" - Prod. Theo
or
(FREE) Gunna x Young Thug x Wheezy Type Beat - "Opera" (Prod. Gibbo x Ferno)
or
(FREE) Gunna x Lil Baby x Offset Type Beat 2020 - "Move On" [prodbyhoumi]

Thank you :smile:

Comments

• edited May 2020

You should check out the app Sub Bass 808. Lots of this exact sound . Also, i think its Samples from Mars who have a bunch of 808 kits with lots of variations. some free kits too.

• Try adding saturation, overdrive, or distortion.

• Thank you all !

• @BitterGums said:
    You should check out the app Sub Bass 808. Lots of this exact sound . Also, i think its Samples from Mars who have a bunch of 808 kits with lots of variations. some free kits too.

Where is sub bass 808? It’s not in the iOS App Store.

• edited September 2020

I think @BitterGums is referring to Bass 808 that was $2.99 for a limited time to generate buzz about AudioKit, but then raised to ridiculous pricing (currently $99.99, but has been as high as $999.99). It was a PR stunt. Great app though!

They put it back on sale for $3.99 for a short time back in July (for charity) ... and some people actually got pissed about that. :D Some kind of sense of loss of their feeling of exclusivity or something?? I thought it was just plain weird.

Anyway, it isn't available in any practical sense now unless you have money to burn. You could maybe put an alert on appsliced.com in case it ever comes back down if you're interested.

• edited September 2020

You absolutely DON’T need a plugin to do awesome 808 sub bass sounds and slides in BM3.

Just get yourself some decent 808 bass samples (or build your own with sine waves) and get funky with BM3’s super-powerful sampler.

Here is the essential recipe:

1. Grab a nice long 808 sub bass sample (such as the ones in this free Decap pack)
    2. Set your release mode to Hold
    3. Set your envelope to AHDSR with 0 attack, 0 decay, 100% sustain, and 0 release
    4. Set your pad to mono legato mode and adjust the glide amount according to taste
  • Well, the good news is that I actually have a Roland 808, so I can do it myself.

• edited September 2020

I’m just gonna leave this right here B) ...