2 quick questions about Banks / Tracks

hi. I'm learning Beatmaker 3, have two quick questions:
1. what is the max number of audio tracks?
2. why aren't Banks just labelled 1, 2, 3, etc. What is the purpose of the letter? What's the difference between A1 and A2?

thanks

Comments

• edited May 2020
    1. There is no limit to the number of audio tracks as far as I am aware. Pretty sure it supports many more than I've ever needed, though your mileage may vary depending on your iPad model.

2. Bank naming works in groups of 8, starting A1-H1, then A2-H2, up to An-Hn. The auto assignment of bank colours follows a similar pattern that also eventually repeats. There is no connection between bank A1 and A2 - they are completely separate and distinct.

If you don't like the A1 style naming convention you are free to rename your banks to whatever you want :)

• Thanks! So let me clarify - The bank naming convention is actually meaningless? It may as well be 1-128?

• @jameslondon74 said:
    Thanks! So let me clarify - The bank naming convention is actually meaningless? It may as well be 1-128?

Correct.

• How surprising. I thought there was going to be some sort of association between the letters.
    I've been trying to get my head around the Banks / Pads relationship, so this is one less thing to work out.
    Thank you.