System freeze/crash after trying to change bank color to Gray/Silver

I have found a weird error while trying to change the color scheme of my banks. It's reproducible EVERY TIME on my current setup (iPad Pro, iOS 14.2) when I try to make a bank light gray/silverish.

Step to reproduce:

1. Create bank
  2. Navigate to color change palette
  3. Drag color on gradient image towards far left of screen middle/top of screen
  4. Attempt to click on the color, for instance (#ffc7c7c7), and notice screen freezes
  5. App locks up entirely and must be manually killed

I'm hoping there's an easy fix for this. I really wanted to have a gray bank if possible.

Comments

• Thanks for reporting this @eyesunderground

Devs absolutely love bugs that are reproducible and include the steps required to trigger, so excellent work narrowing it down so well.

I'll try to make sure this gets their attention by adding it to the beta bug list.

• Yes. I noticed this right after the update. And that's correct ... there's a certain area within the gray-ish color scheme, especially on the far left, that causes it to freeze then crash every... single... time.
    I msg'd Vincent about it at the time.

@eyesunderground This works as a current workaround; You can customize the Color Palettes with your own colors. To do so drag the box containing the current color up to the Color Palette, either 1-3. Add as many grays/near grays as you can to the Palette before it crashes. As long as it doesn't crash it will store them and next time you open the app you won't have to use the color picker, just select from the Palette.

OR, a slightly faster option, you can drag the color picker to a gray you want and (if it doesn't freeze) press the 3 dots next to the '#fsfgc3dd' area. Select the last option 'Fade To Palette'. This will create a gradient of 16 different grays to choose from in the Palette.
    You can use these next time without dragging around in the color picker as that is what seems to cause the freezing.

• @tk32 said:
    Thanks for reporting this @eyesunderground

Devs absolutely love bugs that are reproducible and include the steps required to trigger, so excellent work narrowing it down so well.

I'll try to make sure this gets their attention by adding it to the beta bug list.

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

@BitterGums said:
    Yes. I noticed this right after the update. And that's correct ... there's a certain area within the gray-ish color scheme, especially on the far left, that causes it to freeze then crash every... single... time.
    I msg'd Vincent about it at the time.

@eyesunderground This works as a current workaround; You can customize the Color Palettes with your own colors. To do so drag the box containing the current color up to the Color Palette, either 1-3. Add as many grays/near grays as you can to the Palette before it crashes. As long as it doesn't crash it will store them and next time you open the app you won't have to use the color picker, just select from the Palette.

OR, a slightly faster option, you can drag the color picker to a gray you want and (if it doesn't freeze) press the 3 dots next to the '#fsfgc3dd' area. Select the last option 'Fade To Palette'. This will create a gradient of 16 different grays to choose from in the Palette.
    You can use these next time without dragging around in the color picker as that is what seems to cause the freezing.

Thanks for the workaround. It looks like this may work OK for the time being.