Does BM2 support beat pack(bmkz) files?

edited June 2011 in Support
As described in the above title.

If yes, how do you transfer bmkz files into BM2?

Comments

• edited 6:07AM
    Hi,

Yes, BM2 can read bmkz and projects/presets files created using BeatMaker 1. You can transfer them to BM2 using an FTP client.

Cheers,
    Colin
    Ok thanks.

Izzit FileZilla the only FTP program that can transfer files into iphone?
    There are many FTP clients available, some are free and some are commercial. CyberDuck is also a great free FTP client:
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cyberduck.ch">http://www.cyberduck.ch</a><!-- m -->

Cheers,
    Colin
    I am making bmkz files with Beatpack, successfully transferring them to my iPhone Beatmaker 2 via FTP, but Beatmaker 2 is not reading them. Why? Please advise
    I am making bmkz files with Beatpack, successfully transferring them to my iPhone Beatmaker 2 via FTP, but Beatmaker 2 is not reading them. Why? Please advise

Hi it's me again. I sort of got BM2 to read a .bmkz. Here's how: A .bmkz is a 'zipped file'. Using a utility, i unzipped it to make a folder. Then i uploaded that folder to BM2 via FTP. I had to quit BM2, and when i restarted it, i got a message like "updating database". Once it did that, then it could see the unzipped BMK folder. But it still cannot see the original .bmkz files i made, i have to manually unzip them before uploading. Anyway, that's where i'm at. Hope this info helps..
    Hi,

To clarify the use of BMKZ files with BM2:

You need to use File Transfer (FTP) when sending them to BM2 (if you are running jailbroken and use something else to send files, it won't work).
    This is because BM2 will automatically unpack the BMKZ and remove it the .bmkz file after you upload one to it. This is also what BM1 was doing internally when dealing with BMKZ.

Cheers,
    Colin
    Yes, but when does BM2 do the unpacking? Only at restart with the "updating database" ? If a PC-based FTP is uploading to the BM2, when does BM2 "know" when it received something?
    <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.intua.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2198">viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2198</a><!-- l -->

Hi,

BM2 keeps a database of all your projects, presets and sample files so you can easily find them from within the file browser ("Find" menu).
    Database maintenance is required when some files have been transferred via FTP and the application has quit without being able to analyze these files first.

Cheers,
    Colin

looks like this post talks about Database...

-
    Colin/INTUA: Thanks for a great app-! Having a real blast with it.
    So this doesn't make complete sense. I have projects in BM1 which use the Artist Kits and some custom samples. If I save the kit from one of those projects and transfer the kit and the projects over, whenever I try to load it I get a series of file not found errors:

File not found: rsrc:/library/Artists Kits/mimo music/Synare/BD Short.wav
    etc
    etc
    etc

I think we need some clear documentation on how to transfer from BM1 to BM2. You talk about BMKZ files, but these are only generated from Beatpack right? My kits were created within BM1 with some samples added to pads. How do I get that construction over to BM2. It seems that none of the Artist Kit sounds are in BM2 so you don't have those sounds. But... I may be doing this all wrong.

Thanks for any advice.
    Hi,

Here are a couple of steps you can follow to make sure you can load your BM1 projects and kits in BM2:

- When uploading your kits and samples to BM2, make sure to keep the directories where your samples reside the same as in BM1 (for example, if you had your kit file in MyKit1/MyKit1.bmk and your samples in MyKit1/Samples/, use the same directories in BM2).
    - Making bmkz off your kits using BeatPack can help dealing with the situation described above, since all the samples will be contained in one file.
    - Artists' kits and samples from BM1 are not available in BM2.

For the "file not found" messages, we will probably implement in a future update an "auto-search missing samples" function.

Cheers,
    Colin