Can we please get a update on BM.

edited April 2014 in General
Future of BM please?

Comments

• They generally do major updates approximately every six months. The last update was in November so there will probably be something coming soon. All of the new features were added because they respond to our feature suggestions and they do fix bugs that are brought to their attention. For example, they had five updates between October and November of last year and addressed known issues. I recommend some patience and to post specific bugs you find on the forum.
  • Bm is far from dead.
  • I hope they do update soon...Like I said b4. They never even post here anymore.
  • Maybe they are building bm3 from the ground up lmao
  • Yeah- look out- akai has the iMPC pro coming out (shudders) ever since I got the Mac Pro going, all I use BM2 for is the chop lab (too cheap to buy Recycle)
  • @dubhausdisco Impc pro? I got to look into that.
  • edited May 2014
    Hi everyone !

We are sorry for the lack of communication recently! We are working very hard in developing our new app. We carefully read and analyzed all your constructive comments and feedback and we are going to take BeatMaker to a whole new level.

Also, we're now working with a new collaborator for all your support needs.

Stay tuned for more development updates !
    All the best and thanks to everyone who support us.

The INTUA team.
  • This just made my night! thank you. waiting patiently.
  • Absolutely great to hear you Intua.
  • edited May 2014
    @intua glad to hear that. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with Next.

@MicGee They are working on a new app lol are you a psychic man?
  • @DeeJohnson no sir I am not Psychic, I am instead hopeful! BM3 makes more sense at this point than beating a dead horse...new code equals better idea perhaps...plus its just time for bm3...hopefully this time they include some better ideas in innovation:
    1. PITCH/TIME/FORMANT
    2. SONOGRAPH EDITING
    3. IAA or AUDIOBUS effects chains
    4. Way better effects
    Positional velocity etc
  • I hear you man! Definitely!
  • Great to hear this, but I have two very big requests -
    1. Please don't 'fix' what isn't broken. The app's already brilliant and I'd hate to see it get over engineered.
    2. Please make all features backwards compatible so we can load current projects in the future and still have them work.

Thank you!
  • With Nanostudio2 scheduled for fall, impc pro scheduled for late spring, and beatmaker3 (im guessing) scheduled for who knows when...its gonna get quite interesting soon. The imp pro looks serious but its retronyms and they are iffy at best in most cases...

I am waiting to hear more info from intua...as we have no clue whats happening there.
  • edited May 2014
    @micgee ..summer is here though...late spring?

impc pro will probably be summer and Nanostudio fall since they usually are right with timing on things.
  • edited June 2014
    Ditto Rusty.
    BM is a still a solid product.
  • The impc pro doesn't offer much over bm2

Perhaps a better reverb? IAA effects? But no audiobus?
    The sequencer reminds me of the terrible one in tabletop....

• If the impc pro is over 20 bucks...and I think it is... I just don't see me buying it
  • It has this Turbo Duck side chain compressor that is real simple and a lot of nice features.

Have you seen the impc pro log video on retronyms channel. The features seem very nice.
  • It still lacks over BM.
  • In what ways. Not too many. They're catching up but then again we will have to see when it drops.
  • Here are your ways...
    It does not have audiobus
    The effects are the ones from tabletop...same as bm2 (iOS system fx)
    It does not have Audiotracks
    Bm2 has a side chain compressor that is more flexible
    I'm not really into duck style compression I think it sounds like shit
    The sequencer looks like it operates similar to tabletop...which sucks
    I'm not the biggest fan of beatmaker2, as we all know...lol...but it's just really sad that impc pro has came more than a year later...and hasn't offered much more than what was on the table already...I guarantee impc pro doesn't render stems...bm2 does...I bet impc pro doesn't have sub folders...scroll thru thousands of wavs anyone? Why does Retronyms add a turntable sample input interface without a cross fader? So you can almost scratch...bahahahahaha. I'm on an ipad4 and tabletop is extremely CPU intensive for such a shallow app...I just don't get the hype...it's a pseudo Mpc because they messed up the first pseudo Mpc ...and it still has no reliable midi control so it still isn't an Mpc.
  • I think it may have midi. I know you can hook the Mpc Element to it but Im downloading now. We will find out soon.
  • Even though there are iaa effects they start stop but do not
    Sync and only 1 is available as a send return effect.

The sampler is ram dependant only, no disk streaming

Less import options are available for impc pro

Less export all day wav to itunes is all thats offered

No audiobus with no plan to support it

There is an obvious memory leak

There is obvious trigger latency from time to time

No audio tracks and no bussing

The pad effects are two in number distortion and ring both slim on control

I really dont care for the waveform editing gui but thats just opinion

And its early, ill bitch more
  • I erased impc and tabletop...they stink...bye bye garbage on my iPad...

Korg gadget is becoming my go to thing now...then stems and midi file from it to reason.
  • would agree with you on that MicGee A+ Gadgets
    Gadgets/BM nice combo

whats the word on BM3? thinking its time.
  • Hope soon...so I can erase more apps lol...
    I don't know how people use tabletop...it's never been fixed automation is pure doodoorunrun
  • Where are you bm3? The suspense is killing me lmao