Im looking for an Ipad Drum Controller to use with BM2

edited June 2014 in General
Okay, so as the title says I'm looking for a drum controller but so far I narrowed it down to the Mpc Element and the Korg Pad Kontrol.

With this said if anyone owns either do you know if they work well with BM2? Also what is the velocity sensitivity like?

Im also open to other suggestions as well but nothing over 200 dollars, so if you have other options for me to look into I will check them out.

Comments

• Hello Deejohnson,

All the exnternal controller which are Class Compliant works with Beatmaker 2 (with CAmera Kit Connection Adaptater).
  • I know and thank you. I currently own the Mpc element and the korg pad knotrol and enjoy using both of them with BM2.

• I prefer padKontrol over Element. Bought Element for iMPC pro use, but padKontrol has the rotary controllers I like to map out for filter cutoff and res.
  • edited September 2014
    PadKontrol has editor librarian also. If you need a map that works perfect for Beatmaker to load up in the editor and transfer to padKontrol, on the fxpansion Geist forum, there is a sticky on Controller maps. I made a few maps for Geist for standalone and for use in Ableton, but the standalone map works right away with Beatmaker. It's pretty easy to map out anyway or forget mappings and just use midi learn in BM2
  • As far as Element compared to padKontrol, the padKontrol requires powered USB hub and the Element can be powered by low level connect (hold tap tempo on Element while plugging in to Camera Connection adapter for a few seconds).
  • The Arturia Beatstep works pretty good so far... You don't need usb hub just cck and it has a built in sequencer. It's a steal for 99.99.
  • The Arturia Beatstep works pretty good so far... You don't need usb hub just cck and it has a built in sequencer. It's a steal for 99.99.