Here's a thought

One thing I don't like about Beatmaker 2 is the DAWness of it. I'd rather just have the "MPC" part. Maybe, for Beatmaker 3, split it into two apps, Beatmaker and Songmaker (or something). I mean, I just ignore the other stuff but it would feel more "pure" if it was just the sampler/sequencer-part and nothing else. Then, maybe you could open the projects in the Songmaker app if you wanted to, to make songs and what not, but the Beatmaker part would be pure beatmaking goodness.

Comments

• Beathawk? I disagree with this notion, these things already exist...Impcpro and beathawk are already on the App Store
  • I want exactly the opposite...I want this app to become my all in one!
  • Yeah, the iMPC Pro isn't that good plus I can't use it 'cause it's not compatible with my Focusrite iTrack Dock. Will check out Beathawk.
  • Beathawk looks really good but I have two questions:
    How is the latency? The latency was too high on iMPC Pro on my iPad Mini 3.
    Is there real time sampling from external sources i.e. record player?
    Follow-up to last question: is it compatible with my iTrack dock? I've had two apps that weren't.
  • Yeah, just looked at the specs, it has real-time sampling. I think I'm gonna try it out. Beatmaker is good, but it's not perfect for me.
  • Dear Intua, please do not listen to the first post in this thread!!

I LOVE that this is my all in one go to for when I travel.
  • Sir, beathawk isn't very latent, but on an iPad 3 it just won't perform great...you really need an ipad4 at minimum...unlike beatmaker2 which works on all devices past ipad 1 superb. I am usually drilling intua for features etc, but when it comes down to it...nothing that has came out on ipad up until this year (spring) competes with beatmaker and how it utilizes ram and lower CPU resources.
  • It would be nice to know if beatmaker3 will be out this year tho...lol