Turning tracks into samples/live sequencing help?

I'm hoping y'all can help me get comfortable using BM2 with my midi pad controller in order to recreate my tracks live. I'd like to figure out the easiest way to chop a track into various instruments and/or sections, upload the pieces to a drum machine track, and do some live sequencing. As a simple example, if I've layered two bass drums on a track, can I combine the two bass drums (with different effects), how do I splice them together as a single sample I can assign to a pad? Can I trigger keyboard tracks from an MPD controller, or do I need to assign them to drum machine pads if so, how)? And how would I loop a bassline while playing the drum part live? Sorry if this is well-covered, any discussions or tutorials you can link me to would be sppreciated.

Comments

• Easy stuff...you sequence the layered drum sound....pull the loop point end past the tail of the sample...go to the sequencer window...bottom right, export the track as a wave file...direct it to the save location you desire...then you can use pad quick load to load it right back on a pad of your choosing.
  • I requested resample, but for now this is the way it's done. It's not hard to do, it's just steppy.
  • Thanks! Tried it and nailed it the first time- thanks for the clear instructions. I used Load rather than Quick Load though, as I haven't gotten that function down yet (any tips)? I guess this gives us infinite effects processing as well. What about looping samples snd playing over them live- any shortcuts there?
  • Other than setting loop for a pad and using the ADSR envelope to make the sound play longer ( set the decay, sustain, and release all the way up) and then setting its exclusive group to the same number as a blank pad to cut it off...no real ideas for a live situation. You could sequence the loop for the number of bars and play along on a different track as well. This might give you some ideas I hope.
  • Quick load is just a faster way of loading you samples by navigating to the samples you want and dragging and dropping them on the pads