Layering samples or multiple samples on one pad? Possible, how?

edited October 2013 in General
Hi guys,

long time posting in awhile.

so with all the new updates over the year, is it possible to have more than one sample on one pad?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Gjcyrus, Just curious why not just use another track to layer kicks, snares whatever?
  • hey sup savage! i also do that but i'm also a drummer so am used to actually performing and playing beats out. so if i feel a kick sample is missing that "oomph" or to take it a level further, if i have a kick that also has a string sample and other weird noise behind it, it cam inspire me to play and write whole new songs.

if you have a few bucks to spare, try downloading an older idrum wutang app that contains many samples they created. many of the kicks have an additional sample behind it that just makes it more fun to play and inspires song ideas in my head compared to any of the millions of kick only samples available now. here's also a great article from sound on sound:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov12/articles/drum-layering-masterclass.htm
  • Hey guys, there may be a solution to this after all! It's called chordpolypro that was suggested by Context in the audiobus forums.

Here's the link to the thread but seems like a great workaround until bm implements this feature:
    http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/2343/drum-app-question-possible-to-have-more-than-one-sample-on-one-pad#Item_24
  • Nice Gjcyrus im check that out!
  • hey you guys seriously need to buy this shit right now! i havent had so much fun playing with BM2 in a long time. Chordpolypro works great!

Have fun!
  • Not with a drum machine, but with a keyboard instrument in BM2.
    The BM2 keyboard can have sample layers that overlap.
    Make 2 or more layers triggered by 1 key.
  • Zetagy, yes. I must say i don't use the Keyboard mapping features much. Whats your steps?
  • Make a new empty keyboard instrument.
    Edit the keyboard, press the 'mapping' button.

You'll see a button for 'add layer'.
    You will need a layer for each sample that needs stacking with other sounds.
    Each layer is like its own keyboard instrument, stacked on top of keyboards.
    Layers is what allows for overlap, multiple samples triggered by 1 note key.

You'll see another button for 'add zone'.
    This section lets you place multiple samples alongside each other on the same keyboard, specifying note ranges for each sample. Note overlap doesn't happen here, just multiple samples on the same keyboard.

In short, Add Layer.

Enjoy-!

• edited November 2013
    So good, I knew that was there but Never played with it, very very nice. it would be cool to be able to add effect to each layer.