frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BeatMaker 2.6.2 has been released, with support of Ableton Link and improves the app stability. See http://intua.net for more information.

BeatMaker Batch Kit Creator

Hello! I've recently started using BeatMaker 2, and needed to convert hundreds of folders of samples for use with the app.

While the Intua BeatPack app is nice for doing one-off kits, it wasn't suited for crunching through hundreds of folders of samples.

So after some sleuthing, I created a simple utility that will scan a "master" folder and create .bmk kit files for each subfolder (and associated samples) it finds. You can then copy all samples and kits to BM2 using iFunbox, rescan the database, and off you go.

You can download the utility here:

BeatMaker_Batch_Kit_Creator.zip

Sorry to my Mac people, this is PC-only at the moment.

Here's the readme (also included in the zip):
BeatMaker Batch Kit Creator:

This utility automatically creates drum kits for use with Intua's BeatMaker2 iOS app. It scans a folder path, and creates .bmk kit files for each subfolder of samples it finds.

How to use it:

- Create a master samples folder that will be scanned
- Inside the master folder, create subfolders for your kits, and place the associated samples there.
- Name the subfolders as you want them to appear in BM2.
- Start the .exe
- Paste the path to the master samples folder in the text field. (you can copy the path from a windows explorer window)
- Click START
- The utility will now scan each subfolder it finds, and create .bmk files containing the samples inside
- On your iPad, close BM2 if it's running
- Copy the folders (samples and .bmk files) to BM2, using iFunbox
- In your iPad settings, go to BM2 settings, and enable the "Update Database" option. (this option will automatically reset to off once you run BM2)
- Start BM2.
- You will see a dialog box asking you to perform database update. Hit "Yes". this process may take a few minutes depending on how much content you have.
- Once database has been updated, you should be able to locate the kits in the location where you copied them.

Notes:

- you can use up to 128 samples per kit
- supports .wav, .aif, .aiff formats

Comments

• Hey @misho !

This is impressive and I'm sure this will help a lot of people to create kits for BM2. I will try your tool later today and give some feedback.

Thanks !
    Mathieu.
  • Seems to make .Bmk files and not .Bmk2 files.
    These aren't recognized.
    Can this be changed?
  • Paint said:

Seems to make .Bmk files and not .Bmk2 files.
    These aren't recognized.
    Can this be changed?

.bmk files are recognized. But you'll need to enable "Update Database" in iPad / BM2 settings, then run BM2, as described above. You'll then see the .bmk presets.

.bmk2 files are more complex than .bmk files, so I figured I'd start with the easy option for the first version. Will look more into it again at some point.
  • I stand corrected.
    Your application works fine.
    I made a silly mistake.
    Great tool..
  • edited December 2016
    Hey @misho, any plans to release the source code on Github ? It could be a nice collaborative project. We could sure help you with file formats used in BM2 as well.

Cheers !
    Mathieu.
  • I WISH THERE WAS A TOOL TO COVERT SOUNDS FOR THE KEYBOARD INSIDE OF BM2!
  • edited January 1
    intua said:

Hey @misho, any plans to release the source code on Github ? It could be a nice collaborative project. We could sure help you with file formats used in BM2 as well.

Cheers !
    Mathieu.

Sure! I don't have much experience with GitHub, but I could probably get it up there. It's pretty kludgey though... :)

edit: I should add that this was built in AutoHotKey.
  • I WISH THERE WAS A TOOL TO COVERT SOUNDS FOR THE KEYBOARD INSIDE OF BM2!

I WISH THERE WAS A TOOL TO COVERT SOUNDS FOR THE KEYBOARD INSIDE OF BM2!

I looked into that too. The keyboard instrument format requires knowing the length of each audio file, in samples. I ran into challenges getting this info for each sample programmatically. I'll give it another go soon. At best, it would probably just play the instruments as one shots, without sustain looping.
  • edited January 14
    misho said:

Hello! I've recently started using BeatMaker 2, and needed to convert hundreds of folders of samples for use with the app.

While the Intua BeatPack app is nice for doing one-off kits, it wasn't suited for crunching through hundreds of folders of samples.

So after some sleuthing, I created a simple utility that will scan a "master" folder and create .bmk kit files for each subfolder (and associated samples) it finds. You can then copy all samples and kits to BM2 using iFunbox, rescan the database, and off you go.

You can download the utility here:

BeatMaker_Batch_Kit_Creator.zip

Sorry to my Mac people, this is PC-only at the moment.

Here's the readme (also included in the zip):

BeatMaker Batch Kit Creator:

This utility automatically creates drum kits for use with Intua's BeatMaker2 iOS app. It scans a folder path, and creates .bmk kit files for each subfolder of samples it finds.

How to use it:

- Create a master samples folder that will be scanned
    - Inside the master folder, create subfolders for your kits, and place the associated samples there.
    - Name the subfolders as you want them to appear in BM2.
    - Start the .exe
    - Paste the path to the master samples folder in the text field. (you can copy the path from a windows explorer window)
    - Click START
    - The utility will now scan each subfolder it finds, and create .bmk files containing the samples inside
    - On your iPad, close BM2 if it's running
    - Copy the folders (samples and .bmk files) to BM2, using iFunbox
    - In your iPad settings, go to BM2 settings, and enable the "Update Database" option. (this option will automatically reset to off once you run BM2)
    - Start BM2.
    - You will see a dialog box asking you to perform database update. Hit "Yes". this process may take a few minutes depending on how much content you have.
    - Once database has been updated, you should be able to locate the kits in the location where you copied them.

Notes:

- you can use up to 128 samples per kit
    - supports .wav, .aif, .aiff formats

Bro you are single handedly the most impressive man of 2016. You deserve the IOS Man of the year for this OMG. I would love to showcase this app on my youtube channel Shazamm The Ipad Producer. The software worked so fast I didnt think it worked then I checked the folder and BAAAAAMMMMM LOL Impresive Most Impresive
  • misho said:

Paint said:

Seems to make .Bmk files and not .Bmk2 files.
    These aren't recognized.
    Can this be changed?

.bmk files are recognized. But you'll need to enable "Update Database" in iPad / BM2 settings, then run BM2, as described above. You'll then see the .bmk presets.

.bmk2 files are more complex than .bmk files, so I figured I'd start with the easy option for the first version. Will look more into it again at some point.
    Please tell me you are a beta tester and making one of these for BM3