BeatMaker 3.0.5 is LIVE!
The BeatMaker 3.0.5 Update is now available on the App Store
- Support of iOS11 Files.app: you can drag’n’drop sessions, banks, samples and ZIP files directly into BeatMaker 3.
- BeatMaker 3 supports iOS11 Inter-device Audio and MIDI (iDAM). This lets you send audio and send/receive MIDI to/from your Mac computer, using a lightning cable.
- Support of BeatMaker 2 projects.
- Native iPad Pro 10.5” resolution on iOS11+ (1112x834).
- Improve the “Save Session” feature. It is now possible to save each bank separately as a copy, within the session folder.
- Added “Quick Save” for saving sessions rapidly.
- Dropbox file listing is now sorted alphabetically.
- After a successful audio export, offer to share the audio or zipped content (in case of multi-track export).
- It is now possible to tap the tempo from the focus action “Tempo”, when it is assigned to a key/note.
- Perform pad muting behavior is now available as an option. It is now possible to select between muting just the MIDI/events, or audio + MIDI.
- Mixer track muting behavior is now available as an option. It is now possible to select between muting just the audio, or audio + MIDI.
- Complete settings screen redesign.
- Large texts will now auto-scroll.
Navigation & Browsing
- It is now possible to access the left global navigation bar from full screen keyboards, giving access to effects and macros panels.
- It is now possible to access the left global navigation bar while browsing, letting you switch view
- Double tapping a bank track header in the sequencer and track helper will automatically select the track and jump to the Perform screen.
- Double tapping an audio track, output track or FX track header in the sequencer and track helper will automatically select the track and jump to the Mixer screen.
- Added a “PLUGINS” tab in the browser for loading AUv3/IAAs/Audiobus plugins easily.
- Browser ‘Files’ mode will now auto-refresh directories when going back or saving a session, bank or sample.
Sampler & Plugins
- In the sampler / edit screen, added two handles around the preview keyboard at the bottom to scroll up and down.
- The editor sample preview button on the top toolbar will now play the currently displayed sample using layer settings.
- Added a “preview” button on the full-screen sample editor for previewing/auditioning selection without any layer/effects applied.
- It is now possible to edit the tempo value with the keyboard in the sample time-stretch panel.
Mixer & Effects
- Added Pre/Post Fader Sends option in the Mixer: just select a track and toggle the option.
- Mute/Solo volume drop is now quicker.
- In the mixer, pad channel strips now show the pad number below the track name.
- Track SOLO will now override MUTE state.
- The MVerb “Pre-Delay” parameter is now displayed in milliseconds.
- New touch handling for Pattern editor.
- Temporary focus in Pattern editor (long press without moving will zoom momentarily)
- Long press in pad/piano roll and timeline will enable row/column selection.
- Long-pressing a scene cell will display a panel. This is useful to switch a pattern of a scene that is not playing.
- New Quantize panel with swing options in pattern editor.
- It is now possible to set the pattern duration in the pattern editor, using the zone at the top.
- It is now possible to jump in the song timeline while keeping quantization.
Bug fixes & engine improvements
- Fixed AUv3 keyboard crash.
- Double-tapping on Bank selector buttons in the Perform screen will not auto-open the Browser anymore. This was problematic in MUTE and SOLO modes.
- When favoriting an item in the browser, the list won’t jump back to the top.
- When replacing a sample on a pad, keep MIDI input/output port & channel settings.
- Properly create pattern using original sample tempo and bar length when exporting slices to pads or layers.
- Do not list the “BeatMaker 3” virtual MIDI output port in the settings device list.
- Fixed multiple MIDI routing issues on banks when OMNI mode was OFF.
- Fixed sampling-rate mismatch with AUv3 instruments, which would cause them to be out-of tune and/or out-of-sync.
- Fixed fullscreen Step Modulator mode where transport controls wouldn’t react.
- Fixed a bug where some elements of the UI wouldn’t reflect the current bank color.
- Fixed an issue in pattern editing that would cause notes to be released.
- Fixed individual pads audio export and fixed pad number listing in the panel; additionally, filename format is cleaner too.
- Fixed an issue that would cause patterns to stop playing when editing notes.
- Fixed double-tap on tempo parameters (transport, sample editor) that would bogusly reset to 90.
- Fixed double-tap on big plugin icon in the Editor > PLUGIN tab, that would bogusly create multiple full-screen keyboard.
- Fixed library search result list that would not reset properly after selecting a pack, category or subcategory.
- Fixed an issue where the “Tempo” focus action, when assigned to a key, would use the velocity to set the tempo.
- Fixed a crash that would happen when loading a new bank with patterns on the pattern editor.
- Fixed a crash that would happen on audio tracks when setting start marker on top of end marker.
- Fixed a bug that would happen when loading bogus parameter values, leaving the audio engine muted forever.
- Fixed a crash that would happen while loading a bank.
- Fixed a critical memory leak.
- Updated Audiobus SDK to 3.0.2.
- Updated Ableton Link SDK to 2.1.1
- Stability improvements.
- Minor visual improvements around the app.